This is NOT an official guide by Booksie.
I am just a writer on this site like you. And like some of you, I was frustrated with editing my stories, trying to get (WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get.) On top of the lag from Booksie and myriad of other issues, I almost lost my enthusiasm to post anything.
Hopefully, this article will help you with your editing issues. Please note this is not the best way, or the right way... it's just the way that works for me.
If you normally write in MS WORD or another editor, you should start here.
- From the CREATE NEW CONTENT page, directly copy/paste or manually type your work into the Insert Your Content Below (Giant Text Box). Note: If you paste from another editor, your content FORMAT will automatically be converted to Arial font, 12pt size. This can be annoying so you have to manually change the font back to what you want before clicking the (SUBMIT) button.
- Fill all the other info bars: Title, Genre, Content Rating, Summary, Tags, Image, and then CLICK the (SUBMIT) button at the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the PUBLISHING AREA page. Checkmark the box and click the (PUBLISH) button at the bottom of the page.
Now you're taken to your CONGRATULATIONS page. And you can click on the View it here link to see your posting. If you have done everything perfectly, you don't have to do anything else.
BUT if you're like me, and find errors or formatting mistakes, you will need to go back in and edit your post. I just click on my writer's name to get back to my home page.
STEP 2 (Editing)
- Click on your PORTFOLIO tab.
- Find the title of your work and click on it, taking you to Level 1 (General Info) of your edit page. This is where you can click on "Edit Main Content Information" if you forgot to add: tags, change the summary, or add a picture, etc. Otherwise go to #3.
- Find your title/chapter of your work and click on it. This will take you Level 2 (Giant Text Box).
- In the text box you can edit your text and make any changes.
- Go ahead and click the (SAVE and SUBMIT) button, taking you to the CONTENT UPDATED PAGE.
FINALLY, you should have an updated posting with the format you wanted. If all else fails, you can go in manually and edit your text using the Booksie editor.
If this guide has been helpful, please click "LIKE IT" so others can find it. Together we can all help each other become better writers, editors, publishers, and share our creativity with the rest of the world.
PS: Special thanks to Booksie for making this site free and providing a platform for new writers to test, train, and express their passion. You may also print/reproduce this guide in PDF version.