Success through Negative Thinking: If You Can't Join Them, Beat Them
Hi folks! I can't seem to upload the book because it is a PDF file, so I've punted cut/paste the Table of Contents from an old Word file. I also listed the ISBN for the Amazon listing. The book is a satirical look at modern America, how and why it is functioning at a level that can only politely be described as remedial. In short, not many folks care much about the Constitution or civility or even quality anymore, but they sure as hell get grumpy when McDonald's takes the McRib off the menu. If for no other reason than I figured that somebody needed to mention it, I wrote an entire book about it. For the analytical mind, it is a satisfying and breezy read. For the inebriated or the intellectually challenged, the word "poop" appears at least twice, and there are some funny images, too. For the academically oriented, I've even included a multiple choice test at the back - a gag, of course - but still a fun addition for anyone sick of the same old tired book format. There are also a few textual errors in the book and a few poorly phrased sentences, just to prove that my editor - me - is keepin' it real, which is code for "if I edit this book again, I will implode".
The Kindle edition is forthcoming, a few weeks away, and will be offered for $2.99. That is dang cheap! The adjectives in the book are worth that alone, so you are getting all the nouns and verbs for free. What a bargain!
I also put an All-Access pass to my future moon colony in there for anyone who buys it, under the assumption that the country will be so corrupted by stupidity and lunacy in the coming years that we'll have to scram out of here or face life under the terrible reign of President Tebow. A fate worse than death!
So buy the book, or if you REALLY can't buy it, come by my blog when you can and I will keep posting bits and pieces as I go. The thoughts are more important than the money, and I am happy to share them with all of you at your leisure.
Submitted:Apr 19, 2013
Table of Contents
- The Irrationality Prayer
- Fifty Shades of Crazy
- Bad TV Shows and the Advertisers Who Love Them
- The Real and Ridiculous Headlines of Internet News
- OMG…Non-English Speaking English-Speakers!!!
- Amazon's Best-Selling Books for Next Year
- Core Incompetency: Drilling-Down on Corporate
- Job Postings for the 21st Century
- Operation Constantly Fightin' Bad Guys
- So the U.S. Congress Walks Into a Bar…
- An Interactive Guide to Activist Hate Mail
- Can't We All Just Get Along?
- Coupons We Might Actually Use
- Affirmations for Normal People
- So Many Experts, So Little Expertise
- 10 Expert Tips For Success
- 10 More Expert Tips For Success
- Communication Breakdown
- Customer Service Surveys for the Real World
Multiple Choice Test
All-Access Pass to Moon Colony Fun
| Email this Book
| Add to reading list