- he is the only child of Katherina and Enrique Ventura. He is very active and very close to his parents. Rafael had a crush to his classmate Hilary, but his little admiration turned into affection. Thus, his real personality remains a secret just like his mother and father..
Rafael loves to play basketball and other sports. But what's more impressing is that, he is academically excellant like Reginald and Alexandro.
-Hilary Gomez is the first daughter of Javier Gomez, a rich business man. Hilary grew up not seeing her mother and father often because of their job. She's always alone in their house. When she was young, her only playmate is her favorite teddy bear given by her mother. She seldomly play with other children, even to her sister Hazel nor her cousin, Reginald. Hilary Gomez is an impassive girl at all. She is lacking of emotion and that's her sick. Her initial reaction to everything is to smile although some part is painful to others. Later on the novel, Hilary will learn to feel love and love herself because of Rafael.
- He is the father of Rafael. He is a professor. He is an adopted child of the school's owner, but because of a conflict, he decided to stay away from the people whom he treated as his family. There is a very big surprise about his real personality just like his son.
- Katherina Ventura, 38 years old, but still, it's not obvious. She still looks young. Later on, Katherina discovered that she is the real daughter of the person who hates her before.
- The second son of the General. Alexandro's parents are both soldiers. Being a son of the greatest General puts a pressure on him. That is the reason why he is always bothered because many are expecting him to be a soldier someday also. Despite of being "bad boy" in his appearance, there is a very soft side inside him. That is the fear of women, especially to his mother. He also had a little admiration to Hilary, but he gave up because of Hilary's situation, which is lacking of feelings and that puts him pain. But unexpectedly, Alexandro eventually fall in love to te girl whom he hated so much. That is Sandra Hilario.
- Reginald Gomez is the cousin of Hilary. His mother died after giving birth to him. His father is busy in his work and currently working in abroad because of their faily business. His father requested his brother to take care of him while he's out. Reginald grew up without his real parents, only his uncle and his two cousins-Hilary and Hazel. Reginald is a school genius and always the top notcher of the class.
He grew up seeking for a mother's love, but then, he fell inlove with his childhood friend, Maylin Mao.
- Zea-jun Choi is the twin brother of Anastacia Choi, the model. Zea-Jun Choi used to be a crybaby. That's the reason why others are always bullying him except for Rafael and Alexandro. Actually, Alexandro always come up to his rescue. On the other hand, Reginald always come up bullying hm since they were kids. It's because of their uncles. Zea-Jun's and Regi's uncles are business partners, but Reginald don't like it because his uncle spends more attention to Zea-Jun's uncle than to his daughters and even to him. In return, Reginald is always there to make Zea-Jun cry and it became his habit-teasing Zea-Jun, making him cry, etc.
(before and after)
- Anastacia Choi is the twin sister of Zea-Jun. She is a model. Even though she is a female, she is much taller than her brother. She is kind, but a bit unpleasant. She often yells at anyone when she's not in the mood to talk especially to his twin brother. She dislike her brother's attitude because he is much childish compared to his age. Aside from that, Anastacia dislikes Zea-Jun's way of treating his real family because he is much closer to his uncle than to their father. Behalf of that, Anastacia loves her twin brother dearly, believing in the ideology that they have twin lives because they are twins.
- Sandra Hilario is often misjudge by many especially Alexandro. All they know about Sandra is that, she only loves pink, very feminine, cranky and a soft kind of girl. Just like the others, Sandra grew up without having parents. Her mother goes home only once a year and also her father. Because of growing without receiving a parental advice, Sandra became stubborn and liberated. She loves flirting guys together with her best friend, Irish Yap. Sandra had a crush to Rafael, but it didn't last for so long.
No one knows that the reason why Snadra often goes home late at night is because of joining different war gangs in town. Later on, Alexandro discovered her most confidential secret.
- Irish Yap is originally from Vietnam. She is a Chinese national but grew up there and their family decided to migrate in the Phillippines because of her mother. Her mother is a Filipina. Irish is constantly thinking about boys. Irish's best friend is Sandra Hilario. They shared a very compatible bond except for going out and have some trouble just like what Sandra always does. Irish is very close to his two brothers. Because of her cheerful attitude, many are pleased to her. She is friendly to others. Aside from that, she is the only person who understands Hilary's pain of being impassive.
- Maylin Mao is the 10th child of her father and the 7th child of her mother. She feels outcast in her family. But when she met her best friend Reginald, she feels complete and later on they fall for each other.
Maylin knows many things about martial arts and self defense. She likes weapons and sharp objects that made her personality. Reginald had described her as "a rose" because of it's thorns. Like the rose, she is simply beautiful and deadly.
- Taylor grew up in Los Angeles California. Her father decided to bring Taylor in the Philippines so that she will be able to know her half brothers in her father's side. At first, Taylor had difficulties in accepting the fact. But she accepted it when she had a get together with her half brothers. Taylor Fernandez is the second child of her father and the first child of her mother. She is the only daughter of her father that's why her two brothers and her father is overprotecting her and that's what she really dislikes. Taylor hates to be treated as a baby. She is courageous and has a sharp tounge. She loves her family specially her youngest brother Geoffe, who needs to be acknowledge and be loved since Geoffe was not able to see his real mother.
Taylor simply likes Seonne Navarro's imperfectness and that's what made her fall in love to Seonne.
- She is the mother of Ivan and Alexandro Valeriano and wife of General Ferdinand Valeriano. Bernadette is also a soldier, and a captain, indeed. Her two sons and also her husband fears of her a lot because of her mouth. Ivan described her mother as "a caliber 45" while Alexandro described her as their "monster mom". Bernadette often yells at her two sons and the arguments between her and her husband Ferdinand always starts with her. Bernadette is a brave woman who fights everyone who is against her. Her sons cannot talk to her properly and she finds it awkward everytime she sees her sons running away from her when she arrives home.
- He is noted as the greatest General during his times. Ferdinand is not afraid of many things but what he only fears of is his wife. Ferdinand, being a military man, is a very strict father to his sons, especially to Ivan. Ferdinand is a lot understanding to his sons' feelings compared to Bernadette. Ferdinand considered his wife as one of his phobia. Despite of Bernadette's attitude, Ferdinand's feelings for her never diminished since they were in the school of soldiers.
- Ivan is the first born of Ferdinand and Bernadette and the older brother of Alexandro. Ivan is always the top notcher when he was studying. Both of his parents expected that he will also go training on a military school to be a soldier, but it didn't happened. He is the one who only knows about his situation that he is sick. But then, Alexandro found out what's going on. Ivan doesn't want his parents to know about this because he is thinking about his mom's feelings. Alexandro then promised that it will remain as s secret between the two of them.
- He is the father of Hilary and Hazel. Javier is a rich businessman. He loves his career and Reginalad said that he loves his career more than HIlary and Hazel. Because of too, much intelligence, Javier is becoming half-crazy every month.
Later on, Javier will realize his mistakes because of Rafael.
- Hazel Gomez is the younger sister of Hilary. She is the opposite of Hilary. Hazel is affetionate and caring while Hilary is impassive. That's why Javier likes Hazel more than Hilary.
Other Classmates of Rafael
- Just like Rafael, he is an only child. His father is an attorney, while his mother is a judge. His father always advices him not to marry a judge because the judge will always win to the arguments just like what they have. He is a member of the Jana Blanca band, the school band. Seonne is also intelligent but lazy. Seonne has done many stupid things in his life, but that's what made Taylor Fernandez fall in love with him.
Steven Serrano/Steven Aquino
- Steven Serrano's real name is supposed to be Steven Aquino but because his mother is not married to his father, his father decided to name his child next to his mother's name. Steven's mother hates Steven, and his father, who also hates him is the one who adopted him and treated him like his not own son. Steven, being a loner. loves to play guitar and also joined the Jana Blanca band. While in the Jana Blanca band, his emptiness was fulfilled by his friends in the band. But what fulfills him more is Rafael's advice.
- Sherwin Amoranto is a son of a vocalist in a band. Sherwin's father is a famous band vocalist and Sherwin decided to follw his father's steps. Sherwin is the founder of the Jana Blanca band.
- Charles is the best friend of Seonne Navarro. He loves to eat because his father is an owner of a restaurant. He is also a memver of Jana Blanca band. He is the drummer.
- He is the cousin of Rafael, but of them don't know about it. Gerry is an adorable guy. Among his friends, he is the onl;y gentleman. He loves horseback riding and playing soccer. Gerry has a sister, Grace, but their attitudes were very opposite.
- Raymond Ignacio is described as "always-happy-guy" but no one knows his sad dtories behind those laugh.
- He is a son of a doctor and the owner of the hospital. Troy is a moody guy. He is much closer to Justin Toralba among to his three best friends.
- Justin Toralba, like his other classmates grew up without his mother and father. He knows them but he is with his grandmother. His father is busy with his job, and also his mother. His brother is studying in other country. Justin misses his family so much. His best friend is Hilary Gomez and while searching for his family, he fell in love with his best friend.
- Christian Imperial is a son of an owner of a cell phone company. He is a materialistic guy. Christian thinks he is unlucky with girls because everytime he courts someone, he always fail and go busted. But that ideology of Christian changed because of Irish Yap.
- He is the youngest brother of Taylor and Jeffrey. Geoffe is the last child of his father and the first child of his mother who died after giving birth to him. Geoffe was hated by Taylor's mother, demanding that he should not live with his father, and not to have his father's name after him since Geoffe's mother wasnt marry to his father.
- The eldest brother of Geoffe and Taylor. Geoffe is overprotective to his siblings especially to Taylor, since she is the only girl in their family and he cares a lot about the feelings of his youngest brother Geoffe and often encourages him.
- Lance Rodriguez is a guy who has a lot of dreams but no one is listening to him except for Rafael. Lance is the naughtiest among their group of friends. He always makes fun of his friends but no one got pissed off. Lance knows a lot about cultivating crops since they have a farm and a vast land.
- Bruce Chan is originally from China. His real identity remains a secret so that he would not be chased by his family's enemies.
Consuelo Blanca-Flor Ventura
The East of Eden University