Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence
By Holly Clegg
Beef! It's What I Love for Dinner
I love to include beef in my recipes - mainly because I love to eat it! For a fast, full-flavored meal, you will be shocked at how easy these Philly Cheesesteaks are to make. One of those outrageously delicious and easy sandwiches that just uses gravy mix and deli meat. This recipe makes 4 (about 1/3 cup meat) cheesesteaks.
- 1 (1-ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- 1/2 pound shaved deli roast beef
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Half green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 slices provolone or Swiss cheese, shredded or thinly sliced
- 4 buns or rolls
- In nonstick small pot, prepare gravy mix according to directions. When gravy thickens, add roast beef.
- Meanwhile, in medium nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion and green pepper until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Split open rolls and place cheese on one side; toast until cheese is melted. After toasted, place about heaping 1/3 cup meat mixture onto bottom of roll. Top with sliced green pepper and onion and replace other half of roll.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 286 Calories from Fat 30% Fat 10g Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 42mg Sodium 1011mg Carbohydrates 30g Dietary Fiber 2g Total Sugars 5g Protein 21g, Dietary Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Terrific Tip: Can be served in crock pot to keep warm.
Holly Clegg has offered expert advice on quick, flavorful and healthy eating for nearly 20 years through her best-selling trim&TERRIFIC® cookbook series. Consisting of 14 books to-date, the trim&TERRIFIC® series includes the newly released women's lifestyle cookbook Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age, in addition to the specialized trim&TERRIFIC® Diabetic Cooking and Eating Well Through Cancer. Holly has also released a free iPhone and Blackberry application, Mobile Rush-Hour Recipes, which brings her signature recipes to your fingertips. With nearly 1 million books sold, Holly reigns supreme when it comes to helping today's busy person cook everyday meals that are fast and fit into an overall healthy lifestyle.
Known as the "Queen of Quick," Holly's recipes are time, user and pantry-friendly. As a mother, wife and published cookbook author, Holly appreciates the ability to create a tasty dish that is both convenient and healthy. Perfect for the person on-the-go, Holly's recipes never sacrifice taste or flavor, while still maintaining nutritional balance.
Find our more at: http://www.hollyclegg.com