There are some weird similarities between Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy…
-Abraham Lincoln, our sixteenth president, was elected to Congress in 1846.
-President Kennedy, our 35th president, was elected to Congress in 1946.
-Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
-Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
-Both presidents were shot in the back of the head in the presence of their wives.
-Both presidents were shot on a Friday.
-Both presidents were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.
-Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808; Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.
-Andrew Johnson's name has 13 letters; Lyndon Johnson's name has 13 letters
-Lincoln was shot in Ford Theatre; Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln, made by Ford.
-Lincoln's shooter shot him in a theatre and hid in a warehouse; Kennedy's shooter shot him from a warehouse and hid in a theatre.
-Lincoln's name has seven letters; Kennedy's name has seven letters.
-Both Lincoln and Kennedy were loved by the common people and hated by the Establishment.
-Rathbone, who was with Lincoln
when he was shot, was injured (by being stabbed); Connally, who
was with Kennedy when he was shot, was injured (by being
-Rathbone's name has 8 letters; Connally's name has 8 letters.
-Lincoln's bodyguard was away from his post at the door of the President's box at the theatre
; Kennedy's bodyguards were away from their posts
on the running-boards of the President's car
- Lincoln's assassin had a three-worded name, John Wilkes Booth; Kennedy's alleged assassin had a three-worded name, Lee Harvey Oswald
- John Wilkes Booth has 15 letters; Lee Harvey Oswald has 15 letters
- John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839; Lee Harvey Oswald was born in 1939
- Lincoln didn't die immediately after being shot; Kennedy didn't die immediately after being shot
- Lincoln and Kennedy died in places beginning with the initials P and H: Lincoln died in Petersen's house; Kennedy died in Parkland Hospital
- Booth was shot and killed* in police custody before going to trial; Oswald was shot and killed in police custody before going to trial
- Kennedy's funeral was modeled on Lincoln's funeral
- Andrew Johnson was a heavy drinker with crude behavior; Lyndon Johnson was a heavy drinker with crude behavior
- There were conspiracy theories that Johnson was knowledgeable about Lincoln's assassination; There were conspiracy theories that Johnson was knowledgeable about Kennedy's assassination
- Days before it happened Lincoln told his wife and friends about a dream he'd had of being shot by an assassin; Hours before it happened Kennedy told his wife and friends it would be easy for an assassin to shoot him from a crowd
- Shortly after Lincoln was shot the telegraph system went down; Shortly after Kennedy was shot the telephone system went down
- Kennedy's father had been the Ambassador to England at the Court of St James; Lincoln's son became the Ambassador to England at the Court of St James
- Lincoln and Kennedy were 2 of the greatest presidents of the nation
-Lincoln's wife tastefully and expensively re-decorated the White House; Kennedy's wife tastefully and expensively re-decorated the White House
- Lincoln loved great literature and could recite poetry by heart; Kennedy loved great literature and could recite poetry by heart
-Lincoln had 2 sons named Robert and Edward. Edward died young and Robert lived on; Kennedy had 2 brothers named Robert and Edward. Robert died young and Edward lived on
- Lincoln let his children run and play in his office; Kennedy let his children run and play in his office
- After Lincoln's assassination the nation experienced an emotional convulsion; After Kennedy's assassination the nation experienced an emotional convulsion
- the whole world cried when Lincoln died; the whole world cried when Kennedy died
- Lincoln's funeral train travelled from Washington-DC to New York; Kennedy's brother's funeral train travelled from New York to Washington-DC
….And plenty more that I missed. Just thought this was really interesting and really cool.