Okay, this is a list of the questions I've been asked about this, PLEASE read it if you have questions. If you have any questions that are NOT on here, please leave a comment below and I will let you know the answer and I will modify this document.
1. How do I nominate an author?
- On the nominations page here. Leave a comment for a nomination on the nominations page only!
2. How do I get nominated?
- The idea of nominations is that other writers on booksie like your writing enough that they're going to go out of their way to ask for an interview. If people like your writing, it will be nominated.
- I have this pet peeve about people asking others to get handouts or 'inviting' people to view their work. To me, asking for a nomination falls under that same category. Don't do it, honestly, it's stupid. And who wants an interview they didn't earn?
3. I received a comment saying I'd been nominated, what does this mean?
- It means that someone likes you/your writing and wants to hear what you have to say about it. Please leave your email address on my profile for now...I might create a document for it in case I can't keep track of them...hey, that's a good idea... :)
- If you're not comfortable leaving your email address out for the world to see that's fine. Mine is email@example.com. If you want to email me first that's great!
- I promsie you I will NOT be using your email to send you spam. The only time I will use your email is for interview crap. Sound good? Maybe I should create a terms and conditions page as well...that would be fun!
4. Who can I nominate?
- Anyone who hasn't already been nominated. You can find that hereon the nominations page as well. YAY! Please, don't nominate the same people over and over again, that's just annoying.
5. I want to ask an author a specific question in the interview, can I do this?
- Indeed you can! When you nominate the author leave the question you want to ask in the nomination. If you think of a question you'd like me to add to the general questionaire for the authors let me know too and I'll consider a permanant change.
6. Can I nominate multiple authors?
- Yes...ish. You can nominate two authors per week.
- That means that Sunday through Saturday is one week. So the next Sunday you can nominate 2 more authors even if you put down two names at 11:59 PM on Saturday. Everyone cool with that?
7. How long before my interview will be posted?
- That depends on you, me, God, and my hippo frankie.
- Your interview will be posted as it comes in. I will not be posting more than one interview per day...unless I get really excited and decide to post more. :)
- I will send your questions in and then it will go into my lovely spreadsheet that says that I have received your questions (I'm so organized!) Then I will put the date for when I'll be posting your interview on there as well which will be the next available date...kind of like a doctor's appointment, except the only thing that has to show up is your words. :D
- I will notify you when I post your interview.
8. What is required for an author to be nominated?
- Just that they are an author on booksie. Not wattpad, or flickspin, or fiction press. They must have an account on booksie AND they must have at least ONE of the following:
- A novel with at least two(2) published chapters.
- At least two(2) published articles
- At least two (2) published poems
- At least two (2) published short stories
- Think of the rule of twos! If I left anything off just assume 2 thingies. :D
9. Does the author I nominate have to be well known on booksie?
- NO! One of the great things about booksie is that there are always opportunities for new authors to get noticed. This is just another one of those opportunities.
10. How do I direct others to this interview?
- When I publish the interview I'll also send you a link to a banner that you can put on your profile and have it link to the interview.
- If you don't know how to link then I can help you.
IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE POST THEM BELOW!!!! OTHERWISE I WILL LOSE TRACK OF THEM AND NOT BE ABLE TO ADD THEM TO THIS BEAUTIFULLY LOVELY DOCUMENT! I LOVE YOU ALL! ♥AI