A hot tub purchase should be researched well before hand before you even step foot in a hot tub dealership. There are plenty of bloods sucking dealers and salesmen who will get you as soon as you walk in the door, so you better know what you're looking for and what you are talking about.
Hottubs is one of the most electrically demanding household appliances on the homeowners market. Thus electricity consumption efficiency is highly important. On average, a hot tub will use about 2,500 kWh per year; however that's not taking into consideration individual usage and the actual hot tub size. Some things you can look for that will make your spa highly efficient and effective as well include:
• Look for a separate, smaller pumps to be used for only cleaning cycles, this is much more effective than having a single pump with multiple speeds to do all of the work and will save you up to 15% of the energy used otherwise
• Six inches of foam insulation inside the cabinet, with the pump, motor and heating element close to the hot tubs as safely possible to help transfer heat energy
• Hot tub enclosures to help prevent heat loss from colder air surrounding the tub
• The highest R rating portable hot tub cover you can afford,
also look for hot tub covers that
Have extended warranties since this the most important part of insulation
• Applied computer controls that allow you the best access to the hot tub components to help conserve energy when not in use
• Venturi air injectors instead of electricity operated air
pump, saves electricity
As far as where to start looking in the Ocala, FL area after you have a good idea of what you will be looking for, here are some locations to get you started.
• World Spas, located on Southeast College Rd., if you can get a prescription they are considered medically deductable. They offer several models of swim spas and leisure/therapeutic spas, most of them 4 seats. They actual name brand is not listed of the spas, just the individual model names such as the Tornado or Cyclone.
• Family Pool, Spa & Billiard Center is located on S. US Highway 441. They carry a variety of spas including Dream Maker Spas, Dynasty Spas, Hot Springs and Leisure Bay Spas. They also have a huge variety of pool, spa and other recreational supplies to choose from.
• You can also check out Pinch a Penny on SW 6th Ave. and Anthony's Pool and Spa Center on Silver Springs Blvd. #502.
These would be some good places to start if you want to go in person, however now a days with the availability of the internet many more options are at our finger tips. You can shop online with no shipping costs or sales tax, with no pressure from a salesman or dealer at chosehottubsdirect.com, chat and telephone experts stand by to help answer any questions that you might have.