Why Everyone Likes Generation 1 of Pokemon Better?
Firstly, I would like to say that the following article is in my opinion, so please do not fight me over my opinion.
The first point I would like to make is that most of the time, when people say that the first generation is better, have not actually seen any series past this point.
I cannot think of anything that is better in the old series, than what they are in the current Pokemon series, which is situated in Unova (more specifically at the time of article in English Dub they are up to facing Elesa at the Nimbasa Gym).
1. Amount of Pokemon: There were 151 Original Pokemon. People must have only seen the first Generation of Pokemon, as when people bring up the subject of Pokemon, they begin to quiver and talk about Charizard, Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Pidgey and Pikachu. It is insane that these people might not have EVEN SEEN the FIRST GENERATION. They can't even remember what Charmander evolves into before it evolves into Charizard (Charmeleon). They tell me that they were the best Pokemon, and you often find pictures on the internet saying: Kanto Starters (MAD), Johto Starters (COOL), Hoenn Starters (I guess that's pretty nice), Sinnoh (WTF), Unova (They lost their touch after FIRST GENERATION). In reality, however, I see the whole 649 Pokemon becoming more and more better (Yes I do know all 649 Pokemon Names). I agree with them on the point that Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur were a great trio to start of the craze of Pokemon, but Tepig, Oshawott and Snivy have extended that to a far more greater level. Here is a list of what Starters are:Region Fire Water Grass Kanto Charmander Squirtle Bulbasaur Johto Cyndaquil Totodile Chikorita Hoenn Torchic Mudkip Treeko Sinnoh Chimchar Piplup Turtwig Unova Tepig Oshawott Snivy
First let's compare the Fire Type Pokemon."Fire Pokemon" Fire Type Charmander Cyndaquil Torchic Chimchar Tepig
Charmander is a Lizard who has a flaming tail.
Cyndaquil resembles a mole, but with a huge flaming back.
Torchic is a small chicken Pokemon that resembles a bird.
Chimchar resembles a Monkey.
Tepig resembles a Pig, and looks a lot like Spoink.
Now let's check out the Water Pokemon."Water Pokemon" Water Type Squirtle Totodile Mudkip Piplup Oshawott
Squirtle looks like a turtle, complete with a nice shell.
Totodile resembles a Crocodile/Alligator, with sharp teeth.
Mudkip resembles a Water Lizard. It has what seems like a orange floatation device on it.
Piplup resembles a Penguin, and has a beak.
Oshawott resembles a Sea Otter, and has a "Scalchop" etched onto it's chest.
Now finally for the Grass Type Pokemon."Grass Pokemon" Grass Pokemon Bulbasaur Chikorita Treeko Turtwig Snivy
Bulbasaur also resembles both a combination of a Lizard, and an ancient Plant.
Chikorita resembles a green Dinosaur.
Treeko is a green Lizard. It often holds a piece of wheat in it's mouth.
Turtwig resembles the myth of the "Island Turtle".
Snivy resembles a Lizard. It has vines like Bulbasaur's.
Now with these Pokemon, you can tell I have written out that a lot of them have flaming body parts to resembling a Lizard. They are all alike. Most people do not see it, but a fact is a fact, they are all alike. Charmander and Treeko look alike. Tepig and Cyndaquil look alike. Piplup looks like Oshawott. These are all fair points, wouldn't you say?
This is a fact, and as much as all you people who "LOVE" the first generation want to believe that there isn't a feel to them that makes you see that they are alike. So this should be no problem as to why people do not like Generations that follow the first one. The same applies to a lot of other Pokemon. For example, in Generation 1, you had Mew. In Generation 3 (Hoenn) they brought in Jirachi (The Wish Pokemon). It is as cute as Mew, and is more powerful in some stats. Each generation they add more Dragons, and the most recent of the few are Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyruem. Try comparing their physiques to that of the few original generation Legendaries. It is true that they based Unova Pokemon on common objects like a Chandelure, a Candle and more, but the idea remains a really entertaining one. It is very creative, to say the least.
2. Graphics/Pixels/HD: This is one of the most controversial points I have to share. As you would imagine, the pixels back when Generation 1 was released was alright, but tryu comparing the graphics of Pokemon Generation 1 to Pokemon Generation 5. There is a huge difference, and I don't mean the colour of Ash's hat or his bag or clothes. I mean that it was blurry and plain pixels throughout Generation 1, while Generation 5's pixels are clear and shiny. This is easily in the favour of Generation 5. Just like the starters, and Pokemon, the people that claim that Generation 1 is better probobly haven't seen any more, as if you did, you would find yourself in love with the quality that Pokemon Generation 5 presents.
3. Ash's Hat: People say that Ash never turns his hat backwards. This is true, he did not turn his hat around for a number of seasons. Some argue that Ash ALWAYS catches Pokemon when his hat is backwards. They have the saying "When Ash turns his hat around, you better know shit's going to hit the wall". It is true that Ash has ALWAYS captured Pokemon when his hat is backwards, but that is not a good enough point to dispise the series. He started turning his hat backwards again at the beginning of the Unova series.
4. Made Too Many: Many people, including some of my close friends believe that a reason they think people don't like generations after 1 is because there is too many Pokemon. This point, however, is an invalid excuse because the added bonus of all the rest of the Pokemon has extended the depths that you can see. For example, I don't think there would be any idea's out there still about movies/shows involving Pokemon if they still only had 151 Pokemon, and a small number of plot lines and trainers. "Made Too Many" refers to the fact that there are too many Pokemon. In fact, I think there is not enough. I cannot wait until they release a new set of Pokemon. Also imagine the lack of imagination in the games if there was only 151 Pokemon. Pokemon would not get sold in Trading Cards, TV Shows, Movies, Games, Merchandise.
5. Don't Like Pokemon: Many people say that the generation that began the legacy of Pokemon was the best. However a significant amount of these people have not even seen an episode of Pokemon and are basing it of another person's opinion or what they believe it will be like. This is not what a Pokemon fanatic would do.
That is all the information I have to give you now, but if you have more, put a link in the comments to your opinions and I will check them out. REMEMBER THAT THIS IS IN MY OPINION.