Something More Short Story Contest
Hello everyone! Awesometwist is back with another romantic short story contest. This time, it's about one of my favorite plot types in romance story. When two people, either childhood friends, bitter enemies or acquaintances meeting through missed connections become more than those. They become a couple! So let's celebrate this story trope with a contest. Like any other contest, there are rules so here they are.
1. The story must have the main couple become something more and
become a couple. You can add any type of sub genre you want
whether it be horror, comedy, tragedy, etc.
2. There is no word length, but don't let the story drag on forever.
3. There can be erotica, but don't make it the overall factor in the story.
4. It must be a new story.
5. It must be a short story.
6. Not only is gay and lesbian stories are okay, they are super welcomed!
7. To enter, please just comment. However, I'm only taking 25 entries so it will be on a first come basis. If someone drops out, you can take their place though you might be at a disadvantage.
I will be judging the stories on these core factors:
Staying true to the something more theme
How well you add in a sub genre (If you decide to do so)
How well the story manages to keep me interested
First Prize: I will fan you (if I haven't done so already), I will read three of your works of your choice (Three chapters of a novel counts as a work.)
Second Prize: I will fan you and read two of your works. Your name will be posted on my wall for one year
Third Prize: I will fan you and read one of your works. Your name will be posted on the wall for one year
Honorable Mentions: I will read one of your works
The contest starts on May 18th at midnight and ends on June 13th at 11:59 PM.
Here are the slots:
3.Arid Land Kate
4.Girly Girl Star
Good luck! May the odds be in your favor... Or something like that.