ANNOUNCEMENT: Concerning the celebration that everyone knows, I would like to have a writing competition. Authors from all age and all skills were invited to join the competition.
To competitors, you need to write either a Short Story, a Poem, or an Essay with a Chinese New Year theme or something that relates to China.
For short stories, I want it to be:
- Event/ place should be in China
- Shows about the culture
- A creation myth about how Chinese New Year was created (the myth should be made by your own- use your own imagination)
- The main character could be an animal or a human- but there should be a snake in it, concerning the snake year
- NO erotica!
For poems, I want it to be:
- Have the atmosphere/ essence of China
- Describes about celebration in China
- Describes the joy of Chinese New Year
- NO erotica!
For example (no copying):
It was Spring
And I sit on the rock
I see a village
In that village,
I see men decorating their house with red papers
Full of caligraphies
And I see women preparing foods
It was one night before the celebration
And everyone was happy
Kids were excited for the firecrackers
And can't wait to see the lion dance
The next day arrived
Joys filled these people's heart
Everywhere I see is red
Everyone wears red clothes
A joy filled my heart, too
As I see kids dancing and playing around
The firecracker started to crack
And so it begins
I think this one must be a little bit challenging than the other 2. For the essay, it would require a lot of research. For the essay, I want it to be:
- First choice: About the revolution that happened in China
- Second choice: The trades and cultural diffusion in ancient China
- Third choice: Why do people created Chinese New Year? And why do they wear red in Chinese New Year?
- You can ask your teacher or go online in the internet for this one (citations are optional)
- The topics were listed above (#1, #2, #3). You must pick one. The essay requires only 3 - 5 paragraphs.
Award Winning Author
The awards for these only goes to 3 winners:
First place: got a fan from me and I would share and read 3 of your writings
Second place: got a fan from me and I would share and read 2 of your writings
Third place: got a fan from me and I would share and read 1 of your writings
You are all welcomed to participate in this event. If you want to participate, please tell me the title and what category is it (short story/ poem/ essay).
If you want to give me your essay, please give me the title and the topic of your essay.
THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK FOR THE COMPETITION!