This Contest is now closed! Please don't try to enter! Results should hopefully be up by the 7th. I don't see any reason, as of right now, why they won't be.
Km2's June M&M Challenge
Attention fellow Booksians...
This is my second challenge competition, so I hope this goes well and turns out as good as the last one. Hoping this gets a good response and everyone has fun writing this month's pieces.
June's contest will be a Mythology vs. Mystery challenge.
The challenge is to write a piece of any type, of any length, and of any rating. Centered around Mythology or Mystery . Or both, but picking just one for your theme. The 2nd one should be more of a secondary or supporting theme in the tale, though, if you choose to include them both.
So, to sum up...
* You must write a NEW piece of any type, length and rating. Only ONE entry per person. Please note, if you choose to do a NOVEL, I will only read the first 1-3 CHAPTERS of it; depending of the length. Sorry for the inconvenience.
* Choose a theme: Mythology -or- Mystery (but can contain both in your piece).
* Your piece MUST include, either an element of Mythology -or- an element of Mystery (or both) or it will be disqualified.
* Your piece MUST ALSO include at least ONE OR AS MANY AS ALL of the following character themes:
-Mythology- -OR- -Mystery-
Basilisk Private Eye
Boggart Damsel (in distress)
* Your piece MUST include at least ONE OR AS MANY AS ALL of these location themes:
Ancient Greece Police Station
Land of Giants London, England
Land of Gnomes Hospital/Asylum
Heaven and/or Hell Scottish Moors
Those are the rules and regulations, hopefully not too confusing. However you choose to write your piece is completely up to you. Put in as little or as much as you want, other than it has to be about Mythology or Mystery and have at least one character theme from your category and at least one of the location themes.
There WILL be deductions for incorrect spelling, grammar, structure, composition, etc. So, if your piece is all in one giant paragraph, all blobbed together, it probably will not win. Just a fair warning, hee hee. This month will be stepping it up a notch and with every five mistakes I find, five points will be deducted from the score. So if you keep it to four mistakes or less, that I'm able to spot (my eyes aren't the sharpest ;) hee hee) you will be in great shape. The piece accumulating the most points will be our winner!!
+5 for adding a Banshee or a Detective
+5 for adding a Basilisk or a Private Eye
+5 for adding a Boggart or a Damsel (in distress)
+5 for adding a Centaur or a Convict
+5 for adding a Giant or a Murderer
+5 for adding a Gnome or a Judge
+10 for best Mythological or Mystery elements
+10 for best character/characters
+10 for best storyline
+10 for best ending
+15 .....? Hidden bonus points!!
+20 .....? Hidden bonus points!!!
There will also be two chances at hidden bonus points (borrowing this from BUnique, hope she doesn't mind too much), you find out what they are and how to have gotten them after the contest finishes.
The first one is for +15 bonus points. And it is one that anyone and everyone can almost easily obtain.
The second, really tough to qualify for, will be for +20 points. And this one takes a very special class of writer to be able to acquire said prize. It may even be almost impossible, or highly improbable, to say the least. This one will make you man up. Or woman up, just for all the ladies, hee hee. *winks and smiles* No wimps! No whiners! Better tighten up! Hee hee.
After all entries have been accepted, I will add up all the points and hopefully will have a clear winner. Then I'll message everyone, letting them know once and finally that a winner has been chosen. I hope everything is sounding good, so far.
1. I will fan you, if you aren't already one of mine.
2. Your name and piece will be promoted on my profile forever under the section: Km2's Monthly Winners.
3. I will write a review on your piece located on the Contest Winner's Page in this novel, which will soon be in chapter 4.
4. I will read the piece that you have chosen as your comment request on your entry form.
5. I will promote a link to your piece on my Facebook page.
6. ??? Also, I've decided to add a bonus prize for 1st place that will be revealed after the contest is closed! :P ;)
1. I will fan you, if I haven't already.
2. Your name and piece will be promoted on my profile for one month, until the next contest is up.
3. I will write a review on your piece, located on the Contest Winner's Page, page four in this novel.
4. I will read your comment request that you have chosen in your entry.
1. Will fan you, if you aren't one.
2. Will read your comment request.
* Write a NEW piece obiding by ALL rules and regulations.
* Write a comment below, solidifying your acceptance, then later message containing the entry form that I will explain momentarily, once you have completed your piece.
* ALL pieces wishing to enter must do so by JULY 1st, any submitted beyond that date will not be accepted.
* You will be messaged on JULY 7th with your official results and score analysis. You also will be directed to my page to view the Contest Winner's Page in my novel, the fouth chapter in this. The fifth chapter will be next month's contest with the sixth chapter being next month's results, and so on. You will also be welcomed to check out the next contest that will then be available at that same time. Have fun with them.
* Also pick ONLY ONE of these catagories, that you will be entering your piece under, and include it in your entry comment.
1. Best Poem
2. Best Short Story
3. Best Novel
4. Best New Author (Must have joined Booksie after Dec. 31 2012)
These are just for fun and all entries will still be up against all the others. There will still be only one clear 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners, no matter what category you have chosen. These are solely just for kicks and some bragging rights.
Title: - the title of your piece
Category: - the category you are entering under
Name: - pen name and/or real name
Link: - the link to your piece
Summary: - brief summary of your piece or the synopsis at the beginning of it
Comment Request: - the piece you wish to be read if you win. Note: if you have chosen a novel, I will only read one or two chapters. Depending on the length. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
Chosen Theme: - Mythology -or- Mystery
Chosen Extras: - The two manditory detail choices that you have decided upon
Title: The Gnome That Never Was
Category: Best New Author
Name: Km2 (Kenny)
Summary: This is the story of poor little Jacob the Gnome, who lost his way.
Comment Request: Big Things Come in Small Packages
Chosen Theme: Mythology
Chosen Extras: Gnome (character theme) and Land of the Gnomes (location theme)
Contest Participants Entered:
thegiver Rose Burg
R A B Bradbury Rebecca1994