♪ Booksievision Song Contest ♫
Helloooooo people! Thanks so much for clicking my little contest thingy, and I hope you enjoy! Okay, this is going to be a bit explain-y. Beware O.o
Has anyone ever heard of the Eurovision Song Contest? Well, you probably have, but I'm not sure whether it's well-known outside of Europe... Anyways, for those who don't know: the ESC is a grand song contest (DUH :P) held in Europe every year. Each country sends one artist or band to represent their native country on stage. When every participant has given their performance, there's the voting. Every country can give points (12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 or well, 0 ^.^) to other countries, and each amount of points (except 0 :P) can be used only once.The country with the highest score wins the ESC.
Okay, now I hope you understood that :P I'm reeaaaally not good at explaining stuff, so if you have any questions, just ask! Or look it up on Wikipedia. *Holy Wikipedia* Ahem. Anyway. We're going to do something similar! Yes, you too. Definitely. You won't say no, will you? *Puppy dog eyes* Aha, thought so xD But our version is harder, better, faster, STRONGER!!! 'Cause we're awesome like that ;)
You know, I really like typing this in color. I like orange. Orange is good.
What was I talking about? Oh yeah, contest. Right.
In OUR - unbelievably awesome, like ourselves - version, we'll be writing stories ABOUT songs. Before you ask - no, not about the Eurovision songs. Why not? Because seriously, they suck. (And no, I'm not saying that because Belgium never wins -.- But that's the East Block Countries fault! They always vote for each other! LOL.) Oh well, I do have to admit that there are a few good songs between the cr uh, the rest. But just a few.
I hope you can read this yellow well. Maybe it's too light. Should I change it? Nah :P
Oh yeah, the contest! Just for you guys I picked out 25 of the COOLEST SONGS EVER! So you should be honored to write about them ^.^... Actually, I tried to pick out lots of different songs so you like at least one of them. And my personal music taste couldn't be surpressed. BUT I did consider the lyrics (mostly) and I hope you like them :D
There's no limit for the participants per song :)
Here they are - click on the titles for a YouTube video:
1. 'The Game' by Das Pop
2. 'How You Remind Me' by Nickelback
3. 'The Lonely' by Christina Perri
4. 'Iris' by Goo Goo Dolls
5. 'Somewhere Only We Know' by Keane
6. 'The Man Who Can't Be Moved' by The Script
7. 'I'm Yours' by Jason Mraz
8. 'Dauphine' by Gabriel Rios
9. 'All The Right Moves' by OneRepublic
10. 'I Think Ur a Contra' by Vampire Weekend
11. 'X & Y' by Coldplay
12. 'How to Save a Life' by The Fray
13. 'Drops of Jupiter' by Train
14. 'Take It All' by Adele
15. 'Poison Prince' by Amy MacDonald
16. '21 Guns' by Green Day
17. 'L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.' by Noah and the Whale
18. 'Skinny Genes' by Eliza Doolittle
19. 'Stay' by Hurts
20. 'The Second You Sleep' by Saybia
21. 'Driftwood' by Travis
22. 'Wonderful World' by James Morrison
23. 'Raise Your Glass' by P!nk
24. 'Vanilla Twilight' by Owl City
25. 'I Don't Wanna Dance' by Lady Linn
Eh- what? Purple again? No! I want GREEN!
Whoaa, this thing magically turns to green O.o I HAVE SUPERPOWERS! *MUAHAHAHAAH*
Oh, right, the contest!
So this is how it's going to work:
1. You join by leaving a comment below and saying which song you picked. Then you WAIT (and better start to write and post your entry:P) until I inform you about step 2.
2. Depending on how many people joined, I'm going to divide you in groups. The groups will be up on chapter 2 (I made this a novel, clever huh?) and I'll tell you when they're up :)
3. You read and comment on the entries of the other people in your group.
4. A few days after the deadline, you go to the second chapter and comment THERE. Your comment must contain a ranking from the people in your group, where the points go from 1 (least good to you) to the number of the people in your group minus one (best to you).
For example: there are five people in your group: A, B, C, D and E. Nice names, huh? I'm going to call my children that later. (Kidding xD)
You're A, and you read and commented on B, C, D and E's entries.
Now you go to chapter two of this contest, and you comment for example:
C - 4 points
B - 3 points
E - 2 points
D - 1 point
The two participants with the highest scores go to the next round, which I'll explain then ^.^
Here's the part you've all been waiting for!
Oh? That wasn't it? Hahah, gotcha, didn't I? LOL.
1. Thou shall write a poem, a short story, a novellaor a novel. Novels have to have three chapters up by the deadline. *Whispers* Short stories would be easier! *Normal* What? Me? I didn't say anything!
2. Thou shall write any genre thou desire. I like all genres ^.^ See? I AM an easy person! LOL. But there's an exception to every rule, so PLEASE, no erotica or fan fiction!
3. Thine entry shall be based off one of the named songs. Prewriting IS allowed, but only if the story really fits one of them.
4. Thou shall judgethine fellow participants fairly, and thou shall not be biased.
5. Thou shall try to be original and watch thine grammar!
6. If thou have any questions, ask me!
And then, finally:
Now you're happy, aren't you?
Now what will I give you as a prize... *Thinks hard, strokes beard* I don't really have a beard, I just LOVE pretending I have one. RHL has a moustache, right, bud?
Oh yeah, the prizes!
1. FIRST PLACE: Paige will read all of your work (unless it's INSANELY much, but even then she'll try xD), comment, fan, and guess what? She'll make THREE covers for you, writings of choice. Now doesn't that sound like fun?
2. SECOND PLACE: Paige will read three quarters of your work, comment, fan and make TWO covers for you, writings of choice. Still awesome!
3. THIRD PLACE: Paige will read half of your work, comment, fan and make ONE cover for you, writing of choice. Great, no?
Talking about myself in third person is something I randomly do, you don't need to worry about it or call the madhouse :)
Oh, and the covers - I'll try to make them as good as I can, but I warn you! Don't expect too much!
THE DEADLINE O.o
I'm going to make this a faraway thing because I'm gone for almost this entire month, and I don't want to rush you people. So the deadline for the first round is going to be...
So, that was all for now!
I hope you understood, because I'm AWFUL at explaining things, especially in English. I tried to keep it simple :)
I really really hope lots of people join too, since this is a self-supporting contest and it won't work if there are too little people.
And even if you don't win, you benefit from it ^.^ You get comments from the people in your group! YAY ORANGE BOXES!
Oh, and don't you just LOVE all these rainbow-y colors?