Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. I am Salem Locke, writer of Carnival of Nightmares and an avid reader. I love all things musical and written, which is why I have decided to create this challenge, Writing December. I feel there isn't much creation in the world today, too many distractions to keep writer's contained, blocked. I have somewhat found my the relief of Writer's Block with music.
As for the rules of Writing December, it is pretty simply.
- You must have your entry done by December 31st; the last day of December.
- It must be a short story; I don't want to burden anyone with a novel and it being only a couple weeks before the deadline.
- No erotica, please, and foul language is allowed, though please do not make it every other word.
- As blood and gore is a part of every day life, it can be allowed into your entry at your admittance.
- This is a song challenge. Once you have your song, you cannot change it. If you wish to drop out of the contest, you may.
- No prewrites allowed. Every entry must be fresh, newly written; inspired by the song you've been destined to hear.
To enter Writing December, pick a number between 1 and 30, posting it in the comments below. Depending on how many people enter this challenge, I might add more songs. If you need a link to the song, please don't hesitate to ask me, though I am finding all my songs on Youtube.
The rewards for winners of Writing December are below.
- First place will recieve a written congrates by me, of course, a future mention in my novel, Carnival of Nightmares, advertising on facebook, booksie, storywrite, bloggers, ect.. I will also create a book cover for your entry, which will be posted on my wall, and I will read every single bit of your work and comment on it, as well as become a fan of yours. I will also introduce you to twenty other writers on booksie.
- Second place will recieve a written congrates from me, advertising on facebook, booksie, and storywrite. I will read half of your work, commenting on it, and I'll become a fan. I will introduce you and your work to ten writers in the booksie family.
- Third place will receive a written congrates from me, advertising on booksie, and I will become a fan. Two peices of your work will be read, and commented on. I shall also introdue you to five writers on booksie.
Once again, you must have your entry done by December 31st. It must be a short story to go along with the song. To enter, pick a number between one and thirty, post it in a comment below, and I will tell you your entry. You cannot change it, but if you really don't like your song, you may drop out (but let me know).
If you have trouble finding your song, let me know, and I'll give you a link.