QUOTES and OTHER things I LOVE and LIVE by.
- “Calm seas do not make great sailors” African Proverb – Individuals do not get by life and still be happy. It’s those individuals who suffer that do great things.
- “School teaches you the lessons, then gives you a test, Life gives you a test, that teaches you a lesson” – school teaches you things life cannot teach, and life teaches you lessons that school cannot teach.
- “Some days it takes all you have got just to keep with the losers” – no one is the same as each other, so it is really hard to act and speak and be like the other, as you cannot be them, you are who you are. No one can be you.
- “The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who has the least” – Money cannot buy you Happiness.
- “If you are going through hell…… Keep going” Winston Churchill – if you are going through a rough patch in life, it is best to keep going as it won’t last, And good things will happen eventually.
- “Two men who were seriously ill were placed in a room with only one window. The man by the window described lovely things that he could see out the window. The man by the window finally passed, and the other man got the position by the window. He looked out and saw nothing, but a brick wall. The first man that died was blind, and couldn’t see anything. But encouraged, the second man. – Greed is a dangerous and pointless emotion.
- “Keep your Pork Pies of my Troubles bacon if you know what is good for you” – keep your eyes off my wife’s legs….. Read it somewhere but cannot remember for the life of me.
- “if you can live forever what would you live” – if you had eternity to live why on earth would you live when the ones you love will die.
- “it all begins with a choice” – love triangles are soo funny, and dramatic, I love them.
- “What if I’m not the hero what if I am the bad guy” - ohhhh Vampires…. I was obsessed with twilight I even have my room done up, but alas I’m not that interested, but can’t wait for Breaking Dawn part 2.
- “CryptoZoology” – the study of mythical creatures that are real but have NOT been proven yet. “Loch Ness Monster”
- Jesus said: “let me tell you why YOU are here, you’re here to be the SALT seasoning that brings out the GOD – FLAVOURS of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste the GODLINESS?”
Here’s another way to put it: you’re here to be the LIGHT bring out the GOD-COLOURS in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going PUBLIC with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you do not think I am going to hide you under a bucket do you? I am putting you on a light stand – SHINE! Keep an open house, BE GENEROUSwith your lives, that they may see your ATTITUDE and behaviour and PRAISE GOD IN HEAVEN”. Matthew 5:13
- I am ashamed that women are so simple to offer war, when they should kneel for peace, or seek for rule, supremacy and sway, when they are bound to love serve and obey. Why are our bodies soft and weak and smooth unapt to toil and trouble in the world. But that our soft conditions and our heart should well agree with our external parts. Come, come you froward and unable worms, my mind hath been as big as one of yours, my heart as great, and my reasons happily. To bandy word for word and frown for frown. But now I see our lances are but straws, our strength as weak, our weakness past compare, that seeming to be most which we indeed least are. Then veil your stomachs for it is no boot, and place your hands below your husbands (wife’s) foot, in token of which duty if he/she please my hand is ready may it do him/her ease. – TAMING OF THE SHREW. – back in the olden days, women were meant to be a slave for the men, they would cook, clean and look after the house, and kids and do whatever their husbands wanted.
And I am thankful, that society is changing the rules, about women.
- “Loving, for a long while ahead and far on into life, is solitude, a heightened and deepened kind of aloneness for the person who loves” – Rainer Maria Rilke, “Letters to a Young Poet”
- “Love is a Battlefield” – Pat Benatar.
- “The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.” - being wise will not kill the mystery. Mystery will keep coming whether you RUIN a story; there is always a twist right around the corner.
Complete Random things I love …. <3