|Other site:||View Link|
|Favorite book:||The Stand by Stephen King|
|Member Since:||Jul 19, 2011|
by Sexy Scarlett
Posted: May 28, 2012
I’m experimenting with flash fiction and I invite you...
Welcome to Sexy Scarlett’s page.
[Also known as Erynn A. Louviaite, ErynnErotica, and Anonymity Is Freedom]
Let's start with a quick discussion about READ REQUESTS:
1) I’m combining my accounts and taking all reading requests here from now on. If you've commented me on any of my accounts recently or if I'm currently reading you, you'll be added to my Priority Reading List A. If you're just spamming me or leaving short, "kmu" comments, you'll be added to the end of List B. Both lists can be seen on my news. If you want to be placed on List A, please leave a thoughtful comment on my Featured Writing.
2) First impressions mean a lot. I definitely will not respond to "hi..... i would luv 4 u too read MY STORY its their on my page" or any requests containing similar errors. (Can you catch at least 12?)
3) See "On Read Requests" below to read my genre preferences.
“In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came.
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name.
And do I dream again? For now I find
The Phantom… is there inside my mind.”
(inspiration for "Never Alone")
"Lust, like gravity, is a difficult
force to overcome."
(Erynn A. Louviaite, Never Alone)
A GUIDE TO MY FEATURED WRITING:
1) “Samantha” is my main focus right now. It’s an Action/Adventure novel with Romance & Fantasy aspects. It's a first person account of the extraordinary life of a girl with an unusual past, an unstable present, and a very uncertain future.
2) “Never Alone” is an Erotic Novella with BDSM elements (formally a series of stand-alone short stories). It’s not suitable for minors. It is now available for download on Smashwords & Amazon. If you leave me a review there, I'll send you an exclusive epilogue. Read it on BooksieSilk here.
3) “Step Inside” is the complete collection of all my poetry. The first “chapter” is a Table of Contents so you can skip to the smaller collections that interest you. Don't bother sifting through older versions of my poetry.
4) My Monthly Contest begins the first Tuesday of every month and submissions are due two weeks later. The prompts are generally very open-ended and unrestrictive. You may also submit old writing of any kind - poems, short stories, novels, etc.
For those of you who care, I’m an Engineering student with a secret passion for writing and an obsession with reading (when I get the time). I grew up with Harry Potter (and read every book multiple times), read Twilight (but saw through the poor writing and plotless storyline), and loved the Hunger Games like most people I know. Stephen King is my all-time favorite author though and Gone With The Wind is one of my favorite books. To learn more about my eclectic literary tastes, check out my poem “Call Me” in Chapter 6. Please friend me on Facebook (and like my author page), follow me on Twitter, or find more links on my website. I write under an alias, but if you want to get to know the real me, check out my blog: Exceptionally Ordinary (but please don't call me Scarlett or Erynn).
I enjoy reading it and I enjoy writing it even more. I’m not embarrassed by my overactive imagination and I believe sex is a beautiful thing. Writing about it should be artful and tasteful like any other genre; vulgar or crude language is not generally necessary (at least not in large doses). BDSM elements can be arousing, but I don’t like extreme violence or bloodshed (or anything that is not ultimately enjoyable for all involved).
ON WRITING IN GENERAL:
I take great pride in my writing. Editing a story can potentially take longer than writing it. I quickly lose respect for aspiring writers who do not take this same kind of care either by carefully editing themselves or having someone else edit it (or at least using a word processor with spell check). For common mistakes and things to check for before posting, read my article “Mistakes That Make You Look Dumb” or shoot me an editing request at LetMeEdit@yahoo.com, preferably with your work attached. I'm not perfect either so please point out any mistakes I've missed in my writing. I really appreciate it.
ON READ REQUESTS:
I’m open to basically any genre with a few exceptions. As I said earlier, no Erotica with extreme violence or bloodshed. Those things are fine in horror or action kind of genres though. No young adult romances unless they have a twist or a deeper plot than the very common shouldn’t-work-out-but-somehow-does concept. Booksie is full of those and unless it is marvelously written, I’d rather not read another one of the same stories simply with different characters. Finally, I don't like Fanfics unless they are only loosely based on the original (like "Fifty Shades"). Otherwise I think it borders intellectual property stealing. I love J.K Rowling and her characters, but not when you write a ridiculous story about the trio.
Celeste Neumann (Norderney)
kanne83 (Insubstantially Me)
AnonymousBeauty (Behind the Scenes)
Jack Chaucer (Queens are Wild)
Ousma (The Forever War)
MichelleMyBelle (Life of Entrapment)
Jhenny Labern (Scared to Break)
ChloPo359 (The League)
Lolahatter0912 (Contract with The Devil)
Big Daddy Five (Broomfield’s Box)
SLaRose (The First Reports)
EyePatch (The Shrinking Soul)
Mickel Mais (Brave Bird)
lauricula (Alive Again)
AMS1971 (Eve of Passion)
THIS MONTH'S TOP THREE:
1) lauricula (Alive Again)
2) KCNiemi (Lasting Bonds)
3) Km2 (Fi-Fi Fiddle Dee-Dee)
PAST CONTEST WINNERS:
Mickel Mais (March)
MAY CONTEST TAKING SUBMISSIONS NOW!
*Please don’t become a fan only because you want me to fan you in return. That is defeating the purpose. The above writers are the only people I am a fan of because I truly enjoy their work.
WARNING: I tend to be a stickler for grammar and all else having to do with writing. The anonymity of this website allows me to speak freely and avoid having to sugarcoat my opinions. If you are easily offended, don't leave a read request here. I love constructive criticism (both receiving and giving) because it helps us all grow as writers. You will never receive a comment from me that simply says "KMU" and I'd prefer you show me the same courtesy.