AH, UPDATE! - PANIC ATTACK! I sent my first three chapters to an agent two days ago, and I was reading through them again, and I found that I left out one speech mark by accident on a sentence! D': I think that's an instant rejection! Hopefully not!
(PICTURE DRAWN BY ME)
"Welcome, little child, to the darkest fears inside.
Come and join the fun; take a journey through the night.
Watch the closet doors or else the night consumes you more;
Taking every piece of innocence that never sees the light.
Grab your only ammunition; your common sense and torch!
The corridors are filled with fright when something's on the porch!
How long will you last, through these memories of the past?
When there's no more light to shine and the only soul that left is yours?"
- Break My Mind by DA Games
- I’m 16 years old, but I’m rather mature to be honest.
- My favourite colours are red, blue, silver, black, gold and dark purple.
- I’m obsessed with spikes, and I love wearing studded or spiked clothing.
- I’m a Free-Runner trainee.
- I am a gamer, mostly in Sonic the Hedgehog, Final Fantasy, Mirror's Edge, Tomb Raider, Halo and loads of other ones!
- I love animals, and I know almost everything about each species! I have been reading about them ever since I first started primary school as a child.
- I’m a tech junkie. I have a close relationship with computers, and I know them like the back of my hand. If you have any problems with yours, don’t be afraid to shoot a few questions.
- My favourite genres in books are fantasy and sci-fi.
- My least favourite genres in books are full-on romance and mystery and crime.
- I love gore, torture and prefer stories that have that hint of darkness to them.
- I am a bit of a flirt, even though I know I couldn’t score in a million years :(
- I get random triggers of serious depression, SO BE WARNED – if I am mysteriously not on for a few days, I’m probably trying to fight it.
- I'm really dirty-minded, hehe.
- I am obsessed with Joaquin Phoenix! <3
- I HATE when people keep rubbing in my face that they're 'right'. If any of you do that, I will probably get really pissed and ignore you.
- I also do not like when people question my opinions or intelligence, so please do not do that. It's annoying and very rude.
- People call me Em, Emmz, Queen and sometimes Ranander.
- I’m aiming to get published traditionally, so I love feedback!
Castles in the Sky (Book 1)
Welcome to the sky; a place where you have the oppurtunity to own riches, servants, power and a firm reign of fear. But, you don’t have this oppurunity. You’re not a Shocker. Ricks Wills isn’t either. He is a Water-Dweller, so he is condemned to the life of an eternal slave on the second floating island, scavenging the place monthly so he can please the Shockers with crafted offerings.
But, when Ricks fails his vital offering, the Shocker’s cold leader, Ranander Flame, nearly takes his life. In the space of time he has left to try and live, Ricks must escape the island and to the lands below. The problem?
The only key to their existence is Ranander herself.
(COVER ART DRAWN BY ME. I DO NOT OWN PICTURE OF FLOATING ISLAND. ALL RIGHTS GO TO ORIGINAL OWNER.)
Castles in the Sky - The Chants of Absolutions (Book 2)
Freedom has begun.
Ricks has defeated Ranander in her sadistic quest to keep the sky people as her slaves. Now, he, Ells and Maria live in the peaceful village of Vilkambarza in the Lower-Worlds. But, Ricks knows he is not entirely safe. Nightmares of Ranander’s horrid messages flood his head, and things take course when the most powerful book of all time, the Book of Enchants, is mysteriously stolen.
Reluctant but determined, Ricks, Ells and Maria head out on another suicidal quest to regain the book and bring peace once again.
But, when the devious King of the Flame-Throwers ends up in the way of all of their questions, Ricks comes to a horrid realisation that Ranander is after something much bigger than the castles in the sky.
(COVER ART DRAWN BY ME. I DO NOT OWN PICTURE OF BOOK. ALL RIGHTS GO TO ORIGINAL OWNER).
Silvia Grey (Uncompleted)
The year is 2200.
Thieves, a race of once-human people who host many prevailing abilities, are the terror of the galaxy. They do not remember their past life as Human. All they remember is waking up on a table and having one instinct; commit crimes to live. They are the darkness in the world.
Silvia Grey, a forever seventeen-year old Boss Thief with a rather distinct feature, is threatened to be put on the most horrific prison in the galaxy. She knows she must escape the perilous city of Arcadia to lead herself away. The only option? Escape planet Earth.
However, when the money on her head gets increasingly jeopardous and a Human boy falls hopelessly into an illegal love with her, the grand escape to a better life becomes a pitfall of loss.
(COVER ART DRAWN BY ME).
~My Favourite Authors on Booksie~
- Anon Amous - I am obsessed with his novel, “Jago” which is going to be a huge series. I love him to bits because of his spunky and bubbly attitude and his severe loyalty to my work!
- D A Draven – This dark-minded individual is full of metaphorical phrases that are moulded into a modern Shakespearian language. His work his haunting and dark, so join this side and you will get a cookie!
- Shadastorm120 – This sweet and kind girl writes catchy fantasy novels, and she is an amazing artist along with it. It is a rare gift to be able to transform your imagination to something flawlessly visual, and she has this gift!
- Mighty Death – This dark and casual Dutch gal is fun and we know how to really bitch about stuff, lol! We had fun convos on Skype, and her writing is brilliant.
- Melancholic Wisdom – Ah, we talk random street! Melancholic is great to talk to, and is also a beautiful poem writer. He is loud and proud, and has a very colourful profile, haha!
- Afantasticalmonkey – This duo of writers is the perfect blend of darkness and romance. I love their novel (and Hadrien, hehe) so much, and I hope to get back to it soon.
- Obscure – Ahhh, what can I say about Obscure? I love talking to him, mainly because he’s fun and dark, yay! He’s short stories are just a pure delicacy.
- Nyanskittles – Although she has left the site, I loved Skittle’s comments on SG, because they always made me smile and laugh. I wish you the best of luck, Skittles!
- Rebecca1994 – Rebecca has left the site, too, for college reasons, but she was the very first person I met here as well as following my work, so I thank her a lot for that.
I will read anything with sci-fi, fantasy, young adult and bits of romance added in here and there. I am not too keen on full-on romance and mystery and crime though, so please do not request it.
If, however, your book/poem/short story has something very dark in it (like torture/gore etc), give me a shout and I'll be drawn into it :)
If you're going to read my work, I please ask of you not to comment like this; "nice work. Keep it up." If you do, I probably will ignore your request. I'd love comments that explain your thoughts on the characters, situation, setting and everything that it is. I always do the same back! :)
And to finish off...
A cute picture of Ranander and Dash I drew to take a load off from the sinister picture above :3 God, I love writing about this couple in my book, and I love Dash himself >.< They're just so freaking grrr.
You must be logged in to register.