What I have re-learned this week…
We all know the lessons; they haunt us every time we betray them
and seep into our consciousness until we acknowledge that
corrections must be made. I have re-learned some of the most
precious and critical lessons that an individual can encounter.
This goes back to theory verses application; we all know the
rules, but to apply them is, as they say, "easier said than
done." I think I will try to make this a weekly post.
- Truth is subjective and understanding can never be achieved in this existence when it relates to others. Humans must communicate so that we can get as close to the truth as possible before misunderstandings or lack of knowledge leads to potentially devastating consequences.
- Even if you have a special gift, you cannot be right 100% of the time; especially if that gift involves reading others.
- Sometimes a "bad idea" can actually be a good moment.
- When the mind is clouded, a drunk can forge more wisdom than one who is sober.
- Shadows can easily come alive and become demons.
- It may be better to allow yourself to feel negative emotions instead of hiding in false comfort.
- I still don't believe in time; I believe in moments.
- There are moments when you only have yourself to rely on.
- There's always something you need to do tomorrow and there's always someone counting on you to be there in that moment.
- Sometimes you give the shoulder to another and sometimes you need the shoulder of another. There are even moments when you can do both at the same time.
- I may never find a space of my own in this world, but it is a blessing to be a nomad and wander with nothing but good intentions for others.
- Trying to force connections with others will always fail. You are who you are and people will recognize a natural from a forced moment.
- It may surprise you what others have experienced. They may understand your current state of mind more than you realize.
- Judge and you shall be judged (even with the self).
- If you're not ready to embrace something, then give yourself some more moments so that you may situate yourself in a place you are ready to experience.
- Feelings are fluid and not static. However, it is also up to that individual to share feelings when they do change. These things may take time, but waiting too long can lead to possible loss.
- Sometimes one question is actually two questions.
- Two people can say different words but mean the exact same thing and yet totally misinterpret one another. That's the brilliance and tragedy of the English language.
- An old friend can come back into your life even after so much time has passed. All it takes is a kind word and a desire to let go of the past and embrace the moments now.