Bare Your Soul Poem Competition

Reads: 191  | Likes: 0  | Shelves: 0  | Comments: 13

More Details
Status: In Progress  |  Genre: Poetry  |  House: Booksie Classic

Submitted: June 05, 2017

A A A | A A A

Submitted: June 05, 2017

A A A

A A A


Bare Your Soul Poem Competition

 

Hello everyone,

There are so many wonderful poets around Booksie, so I am hosting the “Bare Your Soul Poem Competition”, where any topic and style is fair game, as long as you’re writing from the heart. This contest’s purpose is to showcase the great talent that we have on Booksie by giving exposure to heartfelt poems written about situations and feelings the readers will relate to.

In order to participate, you must:

  1. Submit a poem that you wrote; it could have been published here five years ago or yesterday, it doesn’t matter, the important thing is that is an original poem written by you. You may submit it in this post as a comment or you can send me a private message with the link.
  2. You have from today, June 5th 2017 to Monday, June 26th, 2017 to submit your poem.
  3. Any topic is fair game – romance, friendships, horror… the only thing you need to do is express yourself!
  4. You can only submit ONE poem.

How will you be judged?

Once the deadline is up, all of the poems’ links will be posted along a Google Forms link, where people will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite poem. This will be happening from June 27th until June 30th. However, voting only accounts for 25% of the total score each poem will obtain. The other 75% will be awarded by me based on specific criteria.

 

What will you win?

There will be two winners: The poem with the most votes combined with my scores, and a “Fan Favorite” Poem which will be the poem with most votes by the readers. If the poem with most votes from the readers is also the global winner, then the second poem with most votes will be selected as the second winner.

The “Global Winner” (Most votes combined with my scores) will get their poem featured in the “Boosted” session for 7 days, receiving exposure to dozens of readers that will get the chance to read your work. The Fan Favorite poem will get their poem featured in the “Boosted” session for 3 days. *Disclaimer* These “boosts” will be paid by me; there is no arrangement with any Booksie administrator to give out this award; I will take care of the costs (Approximately $30 between the two poems).

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.

Are you ready to Bare Your Soul? Share your work and win the opportunity to have your work boosted and potentially getting new fans! 

Contest Submissions (So Far):

  1. Sohail Arif - "Yours To Keep"
  2. FirePlague - "Through The Eye Of The Noose"
  3. Crazygirl - "My Story"
  4. The Hannah Cronicles - "Thief" 
  5. Spyguy- "My Siren's Song...To YOU"
  6. Katilly - "The First Drop of Rain"
  7. Wisal Ahmad (Dwaa Mady) - "Isolated World"
  8. Hullaballoo22 - "Heart of Tears" 
  9. Saphiara - "Bring Me Back" 
  10. Gone Girl - "The Room"
  11. Vithal - "Sometimes I Sing" 
  12. TR's - Dawn 
  13. shika - Do You Love Me Or Hate Me? 
  14. Pink Sky - Painting of Pain 
  15. Hyperforce - Whenever I See Them Get Naked 
  16. Murron Dickinson - Tread The Lonely Road.
  17. Zhen Mila - I Rest In A Place Without You 


© Copyright 2017 browneyedsoul511. All rights reserved.

Add Your Comments:

Comments

avatar

Author
Reply

avatar

Author
Reply

avatar

Author
Reply

avatar

Author
Reply

avatar

Author
Reply

avatar

Author
Reply

avatar

Author
Reply

avatar

Author
Reply