How I got to this point, I will never know. Water makes up over 70% of the Earth’s surface. Out of the other 30%, a third of that is desert land.
Now, I had been through a lot up to this point. But nothing could’ve prepared me for this. It was as though I was stuck on the driest land, with a limited supply of water. You have to ration it out, make it last. Only now I was no longer alone. I had to take that into account as well. That left even less water for myself. Ironic, how it felt much like the open ocean. Because I still did not know which way to go. Because every day it was harder to stay afloat.
Day by day the canteen grows lighter, less to carry. That should’ve been a good thing. But when you slosh the water around, all your ears can focus on is the empty space. Empty. As in, the end is near. And while I was not alone, somehow this time that made it worse. I feared more for the others than for myself.
And I feared what would happen as I got down to the last drop.
© Copyright 2017 ladyziggs. All rights reserved.
Paste the link to picture in the entry below:
Paste the link to Youtube video in the following entry:
Cannot annotate a non-flat selection. Make sure your selection starts and ends within the same node.
An annotation cannot contain another annotation.
There was an error uploading your file.