Booksie First Chapter Writing Contest
Competition, Rules, and Regulations
Booksie 2016 First Chapter Contest
Official Competition Rules and Regulations
1. OPEN ONLY TO MEMBERS OF BOOKSIE. Not a member? Register free.
Members of Booksie.com may enter the Competition by:
- Submitting the entry using the Contest tab.
· The work is officially considered entered if it appears on the official entry list.
The challenge of this competition is to post the most compelling first chapter to a book. The maximum length is 7,500 words.
Members may submit as many entries as they like. There is a fee of $3.95 per entry.
All work posted to the site by members is the sole responsibility of the submitting person. Entrants are entirely responsible for all content posted or otherwise made available via the site. Sponsor reserves the right to declare any entries determined to not be in accordance with the stated terms of Booksie Member Agreement ineligible for entry.
2. Winner Selection: There will be three winners. The editorial staff of Booksie along with the judge will choose the winning entries. All editorial decisions and procedures relating to this Contest are final.
3. Writing Awards:
- The competition will start with a prize pool of $200.
- The pool will increase by $1 for every entry into the competition.
- The first place winner will receive 50% of the total prize pool, and two runner-ups will receive 25% each of the final prize pool.
- In addition, all three winners will receive a review of their chapter from Sol Nasisi of WorldMaker Media, the publisher of best-selling books Screaming in the Silence, My Own Worst Enemy, and Static Mayhem.
No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. No transfer or substitution of prizes permitted. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to the release of his/her name, pen name, likeness, and city and state of residence for potential publicity purposes, where permitted by law.
5. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for typographical errors in any contest-related materials; or for any individual's inability to enter this contest, including but not limited to unavailable network, server, telephone, or other connections; failed software or hardware transmissions; other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, including lost, late, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected entries; or for any damage to any computer related to or resulting from participation. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify contest if fraud or technical failures compromise the integrity of the contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event that the contest is terminated, all eligible entries received before termination will be ranked. Entrants agree that the Sponsor, its promotion partners, related companies, agencies, and their respective employees or officers shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this contest or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these official rules.
7. Sponsor: TheNextBigWriter, LLC, 41 Cloverdale Road, Newton, MA 02461.