Topic: Booksie website blocked

Norton anti virus is blocking Booksie as a dangerous website.

Re: Booksie website blocked

You can add this site on any antivirus into the list of trusted sites.

Good Morning Sergeant,
I use Norton on my writing PC and haven't had a problem.  Could it be your internet service provider?
HJ

A few people have contacted me trying to log-on to Booksie saying that a Norton "Red" warning appears indicating the log-on is a fraudulent page. A week or so back on google search there was a red X next to Booksie indicating a security problem, when I looked it said Norton had identified phishing issues.

I'm going to look into it. We aren't aware of any security problem with the site, so Norton is mistakenly flagging it.

Just looked Booksie up on the Norton site:

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=booksie.com

Looks safe. Not sure why the anti-virus program is blocking it.

Free speech is ALWAYS dangerous...it can take over  your  BRAIN through a virus you've been taught to believe in...though something. Be nice?

To BooksieGuy.
The report which you refer to I know about. Originally it was a red flag report until myself and another wrote reports to change it to green. Anyway, my intention was to give you a heads-up on the Norton anti-virus problem, now done.

Sergeant Walker,

Thanks so much for leaving those comments! Is Norton still blocking the site, or is the problem resolved? I want to make sure this is no longer a problem.

Thank you.

- BG

LE. Berry wrote:

Free speech is ALWAYS dangerous...it can take over  your  BRAIN through a virus you've been taught to believe in...though something. Be nice?

No such thing

For Booksie guy.
When we wrote the reports, we managed to move the Norton community rating bars to four out of five, and take the threat rating from high to zero, and in addition remove the red X from google search.
If any Booksie member could also write a positive report, it may move the rating bars to five. Nevertheless, there is something adrift between the Norton trust rating and what happens when logging on to Booksie, and, or, accessing statistics.

These are the two Norton blocking messages still showing up.

Fraudulent Web Page Blocked
You attempted to access:
https://www.booksie.com/member/sign-in
This web page is a known fraudulent web page. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page.
Visit Norton to learn more about phishing and internet security.
Continue to the site
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Fraudulent Web Page Blocked
You attempted to access:
https://www.booksie.com/portfolio-statistics
This web page is a known fraudulent web page. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page.
Visit Norton to learn more about phishing and internet security.
Continue to the site

So people can send a report positive or negative on any site ?

To A.S Cooper.
If you are an up-to-date Norton anti-virus subscriber and sign up for a Norton community profile.

Sergeant Walker wrote:

To A.S Cooper.
If you are an up-to-date Norton anti-virus subscriber and sign up for a Norton community profile.

Gotcha thanks

Norton sucks at defending against viruses and add in the fact that they allow any subscriber to report on sites and I can see why the cybersecurity people I know said if it is a choice between not having protection or using Norton they will go without.  When you start allowing just anybody to make reports that effect a situation you are bound to run into this issue.

#not ayoba

No protection= see ya PC