Topic: General Discussion

I thought it would be a good idea to have a forum discussion for any ideas, comments, or questions that the whole group can see/respond to.  This can act as a house news feed, suggestion box, or simply a place to chat with other members.  If you are wanting to discuss something you are working on in particular, I still recommend that you start a new topic and put the title or your name as the subject.  Thank you!

Re: General Discussion

Just as a way to get to know everyone a little better, if you don't mind sharing this information of course, please tell us your age, what time it is when you're posting (as opposed to where you live), and any other pertinent information you would like other writers to know about you.

I am 27, it is almost 2pm here, and my favorite weather is rain...which it is currently doing, so I'm inside trying to finish some homework.  I also love being outdoors, though, so I do enjoy cool, fall weather as well.  If you have any other questions for me, feel free to ask.  I hope to get to know some of you better through the creative writing posts.  Have a great week!

Hope everyone is doing well...just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on another "creative writing exercise" this week?  I don't know what people would want to write about or how to make it more fun, so if you have an idea, go for it!  Just because I have been posting them doesn't mean anyone else can't start one...be BRAVE smile

I just posted my poem for Creative Writing#1 then found it was closed. I'll leave it posted anyhow as I enjoyed the assignment.

hullabaloo22 wrote:

I just posted my poem for Creative Writing#1 then found it was closed. I'll leave it posted anyhow as I enjoyed the assignment.

I'm not sure why I closed the discussion, but the creative writing exercises are always open for anyone who wishes to participate.  I guess I just thought it would help encourage people to post it separately rather than in the forum itself.  I'm glad you enjoyed it!

(copied over from my News feed):
This month I am starting a new creative writing series.  In the general theme of Halloween, I plan to post one every week.  The first one is on fear.  Again, 500 words is a just a guideline, feel free to go beyond or post something short.  The goal is just to spark creativity, get people to think, and hopefully promote discussion.  Have fun and happy writing!

7 (edited by NervousSublimeKitty 2016-10-07 20:36:28)

Okay, this whole House thing is new for me.  Haven't been on Booksie in a while so this probably happened in the last year and a half.  So to introduce myself my name is Zibonai (Zee Bow Nay) but I  go by Zibo (A city in China). I'm 22 years old and right now it's 3 pm and breezy, cool and sunny.  I go to school for Digital Illustration but like writing as a hobby. Haven't written in awhile that's why I'm back and hope to get my creative juices going in other ways other than designing and drawing.  All forms of art I love including cooking,writing, drawing and photography etc etc lol.  So nice to meet all of you.

I just joined Booksie last month, so I'm new to this as well.  It is nice to meet you, Zibo...my name is Daniel, but I also go by Dan.  It sounds like we enjoy many of the same things, although I'm more into film than photography.  Glad you joined our house!  I just read your Powers 101 and I thought it was great.  You have a writing style that is both humorous and exciting.  I also liked that it was written about your family and the closeness you have with your brothers.  If you'd like to post something that you want people in this house to review, publish it in the Imaginarium and then start a new discussion topic in the forum and put your post's title as the subject.  There are also some creative writing prompts in the forum that you are welcome to use for ideas!  Thanks again for joining, and I look forward to reading more, Zibo!

Hi all, I joined this house a couple of weeks ago but since I'm always delayed with things I'm only doing this now. I'm Archia but I will go by anything that anyone wants to call me. I live in Australia so it's a lovely 11am Tuesday morning. I took a creative writing course once and almost failed but it's all a learning experience (I also learnt from that course that it's possible for someone to wear cowboy boots and manage to look good in them). I'm looking forward to reading other people's work, I haven't read anyone's yet but I know that there's some amazing work out there.

Hello Archia!  Thanks for introducing yourself.  It is cool to see that we all come from different walks of life and parts of the globe, which offers a great diversity of perspectives.  There is a good variety of writers here, and we are glad to have you join us...welcome!  You can check out previous forum topics for discussions about different writers' posts, or start your own about one of yours that you would like others to review.  And of course, there are the creative writing challenges...feel free to respond to any that you find interesting.  Thanks again for sharing!

hello all. my real name is Zach, i'm 24, and have two passions in life, playing music and writing. I've been singing, playing guitar, bass, drums, and the piano  ( and six other instruments) for ten years going on eleven. I started writing seriously four years ago and haven't looked back. my favorite genre of music is psychedelic rock, but I like everything except rap/hip-hop and country. my favorite genres to write in are fantasy/sci-fi, romance ( not girly romance stories, but romance nontheless.), and fan fiction (only if its mostly an original arc lol). and that about does it for me. looking forward to my time in the imaginarium smile

Hey everyone, I'm India.  It's 10pm here and as to my age *mumble mumble* 40.  When I'm not writing, I wrangle a toddler or feed my unhealthy gaming habit.  I write fantasy, magical realism, sci-fic, and sci-fan smile  When it comes to reading, as long as the story's a good one, I don't mind too much.  I struggle with YA but, in fairness, I'm hardly target audience there big_smile

Hey guys...it's been a while since I've been on here.  Welcome to the newcomers!  Thanks for introducing yourselves, and I look forward to reading your material.  Now that the school year has come to a close, I hope to have a little more free time in the next few weeks to dedicate to catching up on all of your postings and maybe doing a little writing of my own.  I wish you all a happy holiday season and, I know it isn't writing, but if you are a fan of Star Wars or Transiberian Orchestra you should check out something I HAVE been working on.  Just a little fun to help escape the stress and worries of everyday life for a few minutes.  Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hy46FcUkhg  - (a bit longer than the other two, but maybe my favorite)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBlfcBjigqA  - (my wife made this one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFCKJ1g-ps0  - (my first attempt)

Hello there, Daniel! So to get on with my introductions, my real name are the full lenght of the initials S.. K. They're wayy too long and complex, so just call me S.K. or InkSlinger. I am 19 years old, currently studying in university, and loves reading and writing during my free times. I am certainly an avid fan of the fantasy genre, my favorite writers being G. R. R. Martin, Patrick Rothfuss, and Brandon Sanderson. My favorite moment is when I'm writing novels while it's raining outside, amidst the sound of some good tracks of jazz music. It's been  a great pleasure to join this house.

Hey Everyone, I'm Christopher, age 30, and I just joined up with Booksie today. I wanted to say thanks for the invite into your house. I'm still learning everything but its good to know I'm already starting to get people that I can go to if I have any questions. Very awesome family atmosphere. Anyway, swing by my profile, and check out what I've written so far. You'll mostly find short stories and poems on my end, but, I am currently working on a novel. Perhaps I'll post it if I ever get it finished. I'm always up for some good old honest criticism, so if you have any, I ask only one thing... Don't hold back... Anyway thanks again.

Hi! I’m new here.. My name is Zoe, it’s 9.35pm here right now, and I really love dogs and like to air my views as much as a dog barks for his food... haha! I also like to create analogies and metaphors; they’re awesome! Oh yeah, and I’m turning 17 at the end of the year, being young is a good time be alive!

Hi, TravellerZo, as I sit here typing in Ireland it is 2.02pm. I really love cats, dogs, wolves, polar bears.....animals in general.

And your birthday is at the end of the year? Mine is on New Year's Eve!

Hi TravellerZo, welcome to the Imaginarium.

P.S.
Don't forget about similes.

Hello all out there. I am new to this site but I already love it. Now that being said I have no idea what I'm doing on this site so if anyone wants give me some tips that would be very much appreciated. Thanks and I hope to have some fun here.

RHPenguin wrote:

Hello all out there. I am new to this site but I already love it. Now that being said I have no idea what I'm doing on this site so if anyone wants give me some tips that would be very much appreciated. Thanks and I hope to have some fun here.

Hey there, RHPenguin. Welcome to Booksie and The Imaginarium! Glad you decided to pick our house to hang out and post writings in.

As of what you can do on this site, Booksie is here to store all the writings you've written to showcase to all of its users, who are writers just like you! Some may have more experience, while others are fresh newbies, and even more so in between, but all of them come here for the same reason: to get recognition for their writings and to get constructive criticism.

When you want to post your works on Booksie, just click on the Post Your Writing button on the top of the page. From there, you can choose the type of work you're posting, as well as its genre and any tags you want to give it. After that, you can create a cover for it, or upload a photo file you have as its cover. Afterwards, you can now copy and paste your work from a Word document or whatever format you have your writing on.

From there, you can choose a publish place for the work, from the basic house to ours, The Imaginarium. It's a much simpler process than how I explain it, so we'll be looking out for you. Also, if you want criticism from any of us, just ask in the form of a Quickie on a writer's portfolio or as a private message. You can also post the story in this house's forum as a plea for recognition. Whatever way you choose, we'll be sure to read it.

Hope all that helps! ~ DipperDots

Hi RHPenguin Welcome to the group, sounds like an AA meeting doesn't it. Being on Booksie for the first time is a bit like the first day at school. You hang around hoping to find some buddies. Well, we are all buddies here. I thought it was daunting at first, I soon made a few friends and found my way around. Have fun, hope to speak soon.

Hi everyone I'm Hblovecraft! DipperDots invited me to join your house so I just wanted to say thanks for that. Some information about me is I'm 16, currently it is cold here, raining a little bit, and I am locked out of my house since I do not have a key. I have been on here for three years now and I love it! It is currently 3:41pm here while I am writing this but usually I post things anytime. Their really is not much to know about me but if you guys have any questions about me I would be happy to answer. Another thing about me is that I love reading, writing stories, creating new characters, scary movies, taking pictures with my Nikon digital camera, taking care of my two younger siblings Fischer and Samantha. Fischer is 10 and nuts but I love him. My little sister is Samantha and me and her usually argue but I still love her. I also love hanging out with my dog Juno. Thanks for the invite!

Signing out,
Hblovecraft

Hello everyone! I'm very new to Booksie but it seems like a good place to find and share writing so I'm excited to start using this more. My name is Terri-Anne, I'm 16 and I live in England (currently it is 17:55) and I love to create in every way. I also have an art account on Instagram if anyone is interested?? celestial.ace

Hello... Figured I'd give a go at one of those "Hi I'm super new to Booksie" posts so here I am. Name's Bren, this is the first time I've ever done anything like this in regards to writing and posting and yea.. I'm here, thanks for having me, looking forward to reading all your amazing stories.

Welcome to the House, Bren. Glad you decided to join us here. If you have any questions, just ask and someone will try to answer them.