Topic: Welcome

Hello and welcome,

My name is Corben Duke aka The Dook. Along with my writing buddy Mark Roman, I wrote ‘The Worst Man on Mars’ (http://smarturl.it/TWMOM) which I’m fully expecting to be an international bestseller any day now.

CLOG (Comedy Literature Only Group) is a Booksie House dedicated to comedy. We love it. Can’t get enough of the stuff. We’re always larking around. Only yesterday I caught a fellow Clogger sewing up the leg holes of his granddad’s trousers. Oh how we laughed. We just laughed and laughed and laughed. Until, that is, gramps attempted to feed a spindly leg into those trousers and fell on top of his grandson’s pet rabbit, killing it outright. We stopped laughing then. Almost immediately. That’s because, as Cloggers, we know the difference between what’s funny and what’s serious. And no way is a dead bunny even mildly amusing. No siree. Not even close.

So, if you’d like to join CLOG just introduce yourself here and go right ahead.

Re: Welcome

Hello there! Peoplestone calling!  So CLOG lives again, eh?  Peoplestone has been a quiet place recently but that could be about to change.  Thanks Corben and look forward to life on Booksie.  Off to explore and read a bit.......
Belinda

Hi Binns - There you are. Ace Poodle! Dang, I've missed those Peoplestone people. I hope you'll be posting some chapters on here. Is it published? Can we buy it?

Oh this place feels much nicer than goodreads. Hello Cloggers. NOw we need to get Alastair active again and the band will be back together!

Jemahl - I included him on the email circulation. I wonder if our founding father will make an appearance. I hope he does and he's still wearing his hat. I liked that hat.

I like to think he is hiding a domed head under the hat.  And yes, I never really got in to 'Goodreads' and got no reaction at all to my writing on Book Country.  I think some Authonomites went there but I found it a confusing place.  Will sort myself out once I am back home.  Let's hope for new members too!

Howdy all. I like this new cave, its shiny and almost entirely devoid of those damn nostalgia vines. The dwarves of Titan would be most impressed, if they were into such dwarvish things,  and not skinny jeans.
A fresh start for our intrepid troupe.

8 (edited by James Court 2016-10-10 07:31:19)

Morning all,
It's good to see the gang all drifting in from the six corners of the world (N ,S, E, W plus Titan and Mars). I'm not sure about Andy's comments about shininess,they've lodged me and Tracey in the darkest dungeons, muttering something about us not disturbing the others when they are writing.It's so dark I had to go by feel to know it was her they had billeted with me. And those damned Morris Men have set up home along the corridor.

Great to see everyone and isn't it nice to see all the CLOG books being lined up on the bookshelf.

It's a very nice looking site ... buttons everywhere! I love buttons, especially big red ones. I love it when you click a button and the screen changes into something completely different. It's magic. I don't like blue buttons though. Can't stand them.

Hello everyone,
As a confirmed short-arse with a short attention span, I find Goodreads a bit too finniky to navigate. It also has SO much shizzle on the site that I become confused and disorientated.
I tried Scribbler, too. I think my soul is still floundering around somewhere within the site's  internetty parameters.
This BOOKSIE place looks almost idiot-proof though. Nice and clean and shiny.
I like shiny.

Hi everyone!

I don't have a clue how to use this site... but I sucked royal ass at Goodreads, too, so situation: normal. This one at least looks learnable. Maybe.

Hello Kimmy Dee. Good to see you here. Those spiders in your profile pic are worrying me.

I've not yet read any of Pussy Planet. It does sound lovely ... think of it, a whole planet of adorable cats and kittens. Wait a minute, I've just thought, there's another way of reading that book title. Great, can't wait to read it! Are there excerpts you can post on here that satisfy Booksie's 13+ policy?

Hello everyone! It's nice here isn't it. Very easy to use. I like it.

How do, Andy. I see you've brought that Scoundrel with you. Excellent. But what's happened to the Disco Voodoo King book? And don't try fobbing us off with the unillustrated version ... we want the drawings too. In full colour.

Hi Corbz! The scoundrel is indeed with me. I've finally, after having finished writing it almost two years ago, finished editing it! And it's coming out on the 3rd of November.

Once that's out the next book will be Tommy, God of the Island of Wonder. I don't know about the fully illustrated version though. I might need to meet you for a beer so you can give me some tips on that front.

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind if I join you! smile  I've been on Booksie for a while now, feeling a bit like a fish out of water as I mainly write humorous poetry, and there don't seem to be many of my kind on here.  I stumbled across your group the other day, so hopefully me and my silly poems have found a home at last!

Hi Viv, you can be as silly as you like with us. Any group which writes about game show winners landing on Mars, bubble bath addicted estate agents, Morris dancing Mafioso and rabbit wee can cope with anything you throw at us. Welcome aboard.

Hi Viv - Welcome to the CLOG group. Every new member usually gets a free gift. Unfortunately someone broke into the CLOG portakabin last night and made off with the shoebox containing all the gifts. Actually, you're not missing much ... it was going to be a pen which, when tilted, had a Morris dancer stamping a clogged foot on the ground. Pretty naff really. You're better off without it.

Love your bacon sarnie poem. I liked it so much I made myself one. Very nice, very nice indeed.

Thanks for the welcome, folks!  I think I'm going to feel right at home here!  Shame about the pen though, I always wanted one of those...

You can have my pen. The Morris dancer has lost one of his stamping clogs but it still writes if you put it in a cup of boiling water for half an hour.

By the way, I'm a great admirer of your tennis.

Clogger AndyChap has just published 'The Accidental Scoundrel' on Kindle. I'm 2/3rds through it. It's highly amusing. The boy's got talent that's for sure.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Accidental-Sco … 04K3PPB73C

Corben Duke wrote:

You can have my pen. The Morris dancer has lost one of his stamping clogs but it still writes if you put it in a cup of boiling water for half an hour.

By the way, I'm a great admirer of your tennis.

Sounds as if your pen writes better than any of the ones in my house!
Tennis?  Ah, you must be thinking of my sister Virginia.  I couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo! smile

"Ah, you must be thinking of my sister Virginia.  I couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo!"

Nope, not Virginia. It's your cross-court-banjo-cow-arse-passing shot that I can't forget.

24 (edited by Rob Gregson 2016-11-28 14:10:38)

Um... [clears throat] ... hi.

Been a bit late showing up to this party. Sorry. Personal issues and all that; the sorts of big, chunky, life-changing developments that are meant to make you a richer, wiser, more rounded person. (But they don't.) Anyway, I'm glad that everyone has found their way here and that Mr Dook has done such a fine job of making everyone welcome. I see you've already got to the cow's arse/banjo stage of discussions, which must be counted as good news. Well done all.

I've got nothing else to add, except to say hello and, no, I haven't been abducted.

There you are, Rob. Man, it's good to see you. I tried to keep things together, I really did. But I quickly found I was in way over my head. Too much responsibility too soon.

By the way, I've given up on book-writing. No future in it. Cooking, that's where it at. I'm filming a pilot of a cooking show: 'Dine in with Duke'. Mark Roman is my sous-chef. He's a great pie man.