Topic: Introduce Yourself

Use this thread to introduce yourself as a writer. What do you like to write? read? edit? Are you interested in being critiqued/reviewed/edited? Are you interested in critiquing/reviewing/editing? Has any specific writer/poet inspired you? What's your favorite color? Whatever you want us to know about you, include it here!

Re: Introduce Yourself

I'll start with myself!
My name is Daja. I started writing when I was 8 after a 3rd grade teacher encouraged us to write a story. I was hooked on it ever since then. I didn't get my first taste of editing until I was in ninth grade. I read and edited over 100 freshman memoirs. That was when I realized I loved it. The process was grueling, but the results were phenomenal.
I will start my last year of college this coming fall, getting my B.F.A in Creative Writing and my Publishing Certificate. With this, I will hope to freelance as a copyeditor and, one day, be hired for university publishers.
I like editing fiction, nonfiction, poetry—you name it. My favorite is always going to be fiction, since that's also what I write. I do all kinds of editing, and I'm open to doing whatever your work needs. I'm willing to offer a simple review or critique, but my heart is truly in editing. I like to go through the whole process with writers: querying (asking questions), line edits, structural, etc. I want a conversation between me and the author. I want several drafts, if necessary. I want to know you as a writer and as a person. And I want to know your piece inside and out.
I also have a two-year-old black domestic longhair kitty named Sami. He's an asshole and a sweetheart. It's quite the toxic relationship you'd think.

Thanks for joining, guys. Please, feel free to open up about yourselves. Talk amongst each other. Be kind. Be what you know Booksie is. smile

~Daja

lol @ Sami !
I am Doc.
Color: Purple
Flavor: Sweet & Spicy (sometimes dill )
Attitude : Postiive
Brains: Smartass, yet wise lol
Shoes? Hell yeah, lets go show shopping ! Happy feet !
Eyes, Hair, Height : All Hazel
IQ?  Smarter than the average bear.
Read: Gothic, Victorian, horror, poetry, honesty, exaggeration, ( being able to tell the difference ), short stories thane make an impact like I read an entire book, books that make me want to keep reading, feeling like a short story, and illustrated stories.
I've said too much ))
Grrrr.
~Docaja

Food: watermelon.
Favorite word: Cookie

Hello, I am creeperarmy100.
I have started writing in 2015 with "The adventures of Melina The Mage" and "Universe of Simulations" in 2017 and posted them to booksie in 2017 for them to be read by others and to get them critiqued so I can be better at writing. Hope we can help each other

Note: If we get in an argument, I might keep the argument going until it is resolved with either opinion.

Dr. Acula  wrote:

lol @ Sami !
I am Doc.
Color: Purple
Flavor: Sweet & Spicy (sometimes dill )
Attitude : Postiive
Brains: Smartass, yet wise lol
Shoes? Hell yeah, lets go show shopping ! Happy feet !
Eyes, Hair, Height : All Hazel
IQ?  Smarter than the average bear.
Read: Gothic, Victorian, horror, poetry, honesty, exaggeration, ( being able to tell the difference ), short stories thane make an impact like I read an entire book, books that make me want to keep reading, feeling like a short story, and illustrated stories.
I've said too much ))
Grrrr.
~Docaja

Food: watermelon.
Favorite word: Cookie

Haha, it's great to meet you, Doc. Love the questions and the randomness. Purple is also my (favorite) color. It just works well in everything. I have a pair of purple skinnies. I look forward to seeing more of you and reading your works!

All the best,

Daja

creeperarmy100 wrote:

Hello, I am creeperarmy100.
I have started writing in 2015 with "The adventures of Melina The Mage" and "Universe of Simulations" in 2017 and posted them to booksie in 2017 for them to be read by others and to get them critiqued so I can be better at writing. Hope we can help each other

Note: If we get in an argument, I might keep the argument going until it is resolved with either opinion.

Seems like you've got quite the project under your belt here on Booksie. That's always good. I'll probably be looking at it over the coming weeks, although I might not have too much time to critique all of it (I'm trying to move out of my house and into another one before my lease is up this month).
That's what I am here for, though. Helping others understand the world of writing, as well as how to discover their own style.

Note: I probably will cut arguments short for the sake of sanity. smile

All the best,

Daja

Lemon Jell-O wrote:

Hi.  I go by a lot of names on here, you can call me Jell-O.
Just checking out the new house and thought I would give it a try.

Make yourself at home, Jell-O! Feel free to look around, ask questions, lurk—whatever helps you, helps the community. smile

Hey guys
I'm Michael aka the Haunted Fire (an old band name if anyone was wondering)
Fav authors-George Orwell,Edgar Allan Poe, H.G Wells,Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Fav color-Red
The first novel I remember reading was actually 'War of the Worlds by H.G Wells, and those opening paragraph's to a younger me were like  were just like wow!
I'm here because I am fully aware grammar and punctuation has always been my weak point's so looking for advice and stuff on how to improve  not just that but in general as well.

P.S big shout out to dsquala for already giving me some feedback on the opening chapter of my novel which i'm currently re-working on as a direct result of that

happy writing people!

Hello everyone! I'm Hollan:)

Favorite color:  Sea foam green
Favorite authors:  Rainbow Rowell, Cassandra Clare, & Victoria Aveyard
Favorite book(s):  Eleanor and Park + Pride and Prejudice
Favorite activity:  Reading and paddle boarding
Favorite season:  Fall! I am a lover of fuzzy socks and sweaters
Other random facts:  I love walks on the beach, photography, marvel movies, and cucumbers
*Like The Haunted Fire, I am mostly here because grammar is my weakness... haha

Happy reading and writing to you all!

The Haunted Fire wrote:

Hey guys
I'm Michael aka the Haunted Fire (an old band name if anyone was wondering)
Fav authors-George Orwell,Edgar Allan Poe, H.G Wells,Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Fav color-Red
The first novel I remember reading was actually 'War of the Worlds by H.G Wells, and those opening paragraph's to a younger me were like  were just like wow!
I'm here because I am fully aware grammar and punctuation has always been my weak point's so looking for advice and stuff on how to improve  not just that but in general as well.

P.S big shout out to dsquala for already giving me some feedback on the opening chapter of my novel which i'm currently re-working on as a direct result of that

happy writing people!

Hey, Michael! Nice to see you in here. smile I find it crazy that your first novel was War of the Worlds. That's so cool. It's still on my reading list, which is extensive.
I'm glad I could help with your first chapter. Was nice getting back into it.
Welcome, and feel free to ask anything!

~Daja

Hi!
I'm a writer
My fav things to write is: Fantasy books, Short Stories, Poems
I read and comment for my friends. I do not know much, so I don't dare pretending I know here
If you guys wants to do anything to tell me how to improve my works, I would be really happy (almost addicted to critique)
Favourite colour: Fresh, bright colours
Also, I you read IGSFA's hero (My main work), know that you will be round 2

Hi I'm Tokyo I'd like to be critiqued, and reviewed. To get to know me......

Favorite color: Space Grey
Favorite Author(s): Jeff Zetmen, Rainbow Rowell, Jennifer Niven
Favorite Book(s): All the Bright Places, Goodbye Dys, Fangirl, Every Last Word
Favorite Activity: Reading
More facts about me: Ever since I read Every Last Word I knew for sure I wanted to be a writer but I started writing small little books in first grade. The more I write the better I get but at the moment my friends are the only ppl who read my short stories and I would like for some critiques from somebody else

X Tokyo Tg

13 (edited by A. Rhetters 2019-01-21 00:41:50)

Right now I have no specific preference when it comes to writing. I haven't had much time to read something, although I have considered reading a few classic novels, namely monster ones.

I am interested in being critiqued, etc. Why else would I join? lol

I will be interested in critiquing, etc. as long as someone is doing the same for me.

As far as I know, no writer had inspired me.

As for my favorite color, it's a toss up between yellow and blue.