Re: Please do not post ads for books published elsewhere on the forum

Hey, everyone should buy my book, "Never Break the Rules"!

so how can we earn by through writing here ? i am new to it so please let me know smile

28 (edited by S. K. InkSlinger 2016-10-12 12:18:05)

If anyone had some spare time and wish to read some work of fantasy, feel free to check out my novels!

The Knight of Chimera: https://www.booksie.com/474199-the-knight-of-chimera

The Descent from Paradise: https://www.booksie.com/474973-the-desc … m-paradise

The Golden Rain: https://www.booksie.com/474224-the-golden-rain

Thank you, and have a nice day!

Fun if you could read my facts book smile PS it's just fantasy its not real

Hello !  I just updated my current book "Redwood Bloom" and was wondering if anybody would like a look . Thanks!
https://www.booksie.com/477840-redwood-bloom

31 (edited by Fan 2016-11-30 02:30:17)

Hey guys! I would love if ya'll check out my book - The Evolved. It's a science fiction book, similar to Divergent, The 5th Wave, etc. I would love some feedback from you guys, so be sure to leave a comment or suggesting when you check it out! Thanks!

P.S. Join my House - It's called FAN! Let's build a community!

Hello everybody! I was browsing and landed in Forum. So what do we do here? Do we chat or just hang around hoping to find something? We are authors and aspiring authors not because publishers think we are but we think we are. Who knows? Some of you might become famous while some will pass on undiscovered.

You know, somehow we are like lurking somewhere in Limbo and sending out signals of "hey, I'm here" hoping somebody will notice us. So in the meantime, do you discuss politics, religion or back to the topic of writing? Maybe, there's a further use to forums where we can discuss and for that we need a topic. You know, as you are writing in forums, others are having a peek into what makes you apart from what you profess in prepared writing. Who knows? Perhaps out of curiosity that we generate others might actually read our stuffs ....... ha...ha...ha......

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year my fellow writers and may the pen or keyboard be with you always!

big_smile

Hey guys! Im fairly new to Booksie and to writing. If anyone has the time to read my story "The Overseers" and give me and Marche as much feedback/comments as possible, it would be greatly appreciated. We take criticism in any form as a way of improving our writing. Even if its just a message saying you like or dislike it in general. NOTE: when you search it up there will be 2 results. They are the same except the one on booksie classic has more chapters. (i thought to post a story on another house you had to post a separate story) Thank you smile

-Dylan

Hey everyone! So tomorrow is the release of the finale installment of The Corliss Chronicles a series of stories about a girl named Prudence and her endeavours. Be sure to go read the first two leading up to it! I hope you enjoy if you do decide to read them!

Tomorrow a penumbral lunar eclipse, full moon, comet and the long anticipated release of The Silver Wheel will all take place!

https://www.booksie.com/468548-the-corl … -of-bedlam

https://www.booksie.com/posting/a.l.-ma … lam-290936

hi..people...

Ummm Booksie Guy, Could We have some moderators and stuff to regulate some comments?

Hello everybody. Hola mis companeros. Namaste.

This is my second day I believe on booksie, and I have finally written my prologue for my story. Ready for a disclaimer alert? My story sounds like it's a story that I imagined up one day when in reality the story is based on truth. I know when you read my story it will sound like a long-shot. Maybe even a little erratic or crazy. But believe me when I say it is factual. Feedback is welcome! I also will be reading and commenting on your stories too.
https://www.booksie.com/499244-nightmar … dose-alley

Hi everyone!! I'm new to booksie. It would be great if you could read my work and let me know if it needs a revamp. Your suggestions and comments would mean a lot to me.Thanks in advance!! Check out my fiction : "Dandelion days"

Aren't you curious?
https://www.booksie.com/500102-musings-of-a-bhandi

carolyn45 wrote:

OMG!! This is certainly a shocking and a genuine Testimony..I visited a forum here on the internet on the 20TH OF JANUARY 2017, And I saw a marvelous testimony of this powerful and great spell caster called DR GREATNESS on the forum..I never believed it, because I have never heard nor learnt anything about magic before.. Not a soul would have been able to influence me about magical spells, not until DR GREATNESS did it for me and restored my broken marriage of over 4 years back to me and brought my spouse back to me in the same 48hours just as I have read on the Internet..I was truly astonished and shocked when my husband Matthias turn down begging for forgiveness and for me to accept him back.. I am really short of expressions, and I don't know how much to convey my appreciation to you DR GREATNESS, you are a God sent to me and my entire family.. You really surprised me a lot with your powerful love spell...I am so happy to share my testimony among views today and more also share your contact informations for others who are in the same problems with a broken relationships.. Here is his Email: [returnbacklovespellcaster1963@gmail.com] Also Whatsapp contact +2348157538164 I adore your spiritual powers Sir.. returnbacklovespellcaster1963@gmail.com

A fine example of what not to do.

So advertising is off, okay i guess.

Jon Berisha wrote:

It's explained in the first post.  Non Booksie writing can have Ads in your own house or on your profile smile

Hi,
Please do not post ads for books published elsewhere on the forum. You are free to put whatever you want in your profile. Or you can create you own House and put wherever you like, including ads for your book.
If we do see requests to read or buy books off site, they will be deleted.
Thank you.
BG

It is important that people realize that human nature dictates that if you want somebody to do something for you; (Hello! Like "Please come read my work!"), then you FIRST need to do something for them!! It has been my experience that if I go read & comment on another writers work, then they come back & read mine!!
Whallah!!
What a revelation, huh? Pretty interesting isn't it? You give somebody else something they want, & they return the favor!! Novel concept!!

India Emerald wrote:
Jon Berisha wrote:

It's explained in the first post.  Non Booksie writing can have Ads in your own house or on your profile smile

Hi,
Please do not post ads for books published elsewhere on the forum. You are free to put whatever you want in your profile. Or you can create you own House and put wherever you like, including ads for your book.
If we do see requests to read or buy books off site, they will be deleted.
Thank you.
BG

That leaves me some questions, what if the work is something originally published on Booksie, but had later moved on to also be published on Amazon?  Would it be alright to slightly advertise/ refer to the book then?

What I would do is advertise the book that is posted on Booksie, so that people go to the book on Booksie that advertises the one on Amazon...

Bruvton wrote:

What I would do is advertise the book that is posted on Booksie, so that people go to the book on Booksie that advertises the one on Amazon...

Some publishers (not all of them, though) require that the book be non-published on any other public source. Booksie is a public source as what you post is available in a Google search. If you take your story down to satisfy a publisher, you have nothing on Booksie to link to a sales outlet.

What you can do is make up a News Blurb on your profile and advertise it that way.

Bill

Spyguy wrote:

It is important that people realize that human nature dictates that if you want somebody to do something for you; (Hello! Like "Please come read my work!"), then you FIRST need to do something for them!! It has been my experience that if I go read & comment on another writers work, then they come back & read mine!!
Whallah!!
What a revelation, huh? Pretty interesting isn't it? You give somebody else something they want, & they return the favor!! Novel concept!!

Couldn't agree with you more, Spyguy. I think the veterans of booksie understand that concept. It's the newbies that may need a bit of a reminder. Also, if you know you're not interested in a certain genre, has no intention of reading said genre, please don't go to that author's profile and ask them to read and comment on your work when you have no interest in reading or commenting on their work; that's just rude.

I couldn't agree with you more Islebabe! I hope I've never done that, & I also want to publicly apologize to anyone I may have offended or been rude to, if I have done that, or hurt anyone's feelings in any other way!! Any of you are welcome to tell me at any time if I ever step out of line, & I truly appreciate the heads up if I screw up! May all of you be blessed in your search for the perfect written masterpiece!!!

Thank you for the advice, Bruvton and Tom Oldman. I will certainly get in touch with my publisher on this. smile

Hi, I'm Mary Lingerfelt and it's nice to meet everyone. I'm new here and still learning, and I hope to get to know you all better.