Topic: Challenge Me!

If you're feeling adventurous, in this thread you can scratch that itch. Post that you're willing to be challenged, and then accept the first challenge that comes your way. Anyone can post a challenge.

T.E. and I shall demonstrate.

Re: Challenge Me!

Challenge me!

CheyJade wrote:

Challenge me!

I challenge you to write a 2K word story about a mugging in an alley. Catch, your main protagonist is afraid of the dark.

Set in the world of my novel:

https://www.booksie.com/570989-the-alley

And that's how you do it. Who wants to be challenged next?

This actually scares the poop out of me... but I'll bite. It may take me a week or so to finish and I'm not sure I will finish but I promise to post whatever I do complete no matter how dreadful.

Challenge me, please.
(yikes)

~Mike

Michael Porter wrote:

This actually scares the poop out of me... but I'll bite. It may take me a week or so to finish and I'm not sure I will finish but I promise to post whatever I do complete no matter how dreadful.

Challenge me, please.
(yikes)

~Mike

Hmm. How about a short story under 10K words, where your main character fights for survival in a barren wasteland filled with zombie-like creatures. The catch is - you're the main character and have to write their actions as you would perform them. All of your fears and weaknesses are the ones your character has as well.

If this isn't quite your cup of tea, feel free to skip it. We'll let it slide since it is the first exchange haha.

T. E. Jackson wrote:

All of your fears and weaknesses are the ones your character has as well.

I already know that I'd be dead within the first day of a zombie apocalypse, so it's a good thing this wasn't my challenge. It'd be a short story indeed!

Sure, I'll give it a go.

Despite all my crazy work hours and busy schedule, this sounds like a sort of challenge I don't want to miss out on having a go at, so, challenge me please big_smile

hullabaloo22 wrote:

Sure, I'll give it a go.

Write me a romance starring people who are unable to actually be together. Make it the reason they can't be together hilarious, but execute it in a sad way. Incorporate any prompts you like smile

ShadaStorm120 wrote:

Despite all my crazy work hours and busy schedule, this sounds like a sort of challenge I don't want to miss out on having a go at, so, challenge me please big_smile

It's October, so why not creepy? Write me a scary, yet silly, campfire tale about the Lethargio - a scary monster that puts you to sleep and then EATS YOUR FACE!!1!

(Anyone can post a response to a challenge request, btw)

Challenge me!

CheyJade wrote:
ShadaStorm120 wrote:

It's October, so why not creepy? Write me a scary, yet silly, campfire tale about the Lethargio - a scary monster that puts you to sleep and then EATS YOUR FACE!!1!

This is gonna be interesting, haha. I’m gonna make a start tomorrow and see how I go big_smile

CheyJade wrote:

(Anyone can post a response to a challenge request, btw)

Challenge me!

Since we're both high fantasy lovers, I challenge you to write a story about a heroic, manly, true Nordic kinda guy. Long blonde hair, blue eyes, big ole beard, the whole nine yards. He's a true hero and fights for justice but, the catch, he's a total wuss. He's absolutely terrified of spiders, snakes, goblins, frogs, the dark, anything remotely gross or scary. He's also completely disgusted by blood. If you want even more of a challenge, write it so he never has a weapon for whatever gods forsaken reason. He has to use his calloused, tough, yet wussy hands.

Challenge me! I'm interested to see what I receive

T. E. Jackson wrote:

Since we're both high fantasy lovers, I challenge you to write a story about a heroic, manly, true Nordic kinda guy. Long blonde hair, blue eyes, big ole beard, the whole nine yards. He's a true hero and fights for justice but, the catch, he's a total wuss. He's absolutely terrified of spiders, snakes, goblins, frogs, the dark, anything remotely gross or scary. He's also completely disgusted by blood. If you want even more of a challenge, write it so he never has a weapon for whatever gods forsaken reason. He has to use his calloused, tough, yet wussy hands.

Oh boy, that'll be fun! Gimme a few days, maybe - schedule's kinda full just now, but I'll work on it asap.

Hope you enjoy it.       https://www.booksie.com/571290-a-curse-ever-changing

Any chance of getting another one?

T. E. Jackson wrote:

Submitted for your consideration:

https://www.booksie.com/571346-thaddeus … olvenheart

T. E. Jackson wrote:

Hmm. How about a short story under 10K words, where your main character fights for survival in a barren wasteland filled with zombie-like creatures. The catch is - you're the main character and have to write their actions as you would perform them. All of your fears and weaknesses are the ones your character has as well.

If this isn't quite your cup of tea, feel free to skip it. We'll let it slide since it is the first exchange haha.

This was a lot of fun. I'm going to put this in the back of my mind as something to expand. I had a whole camp scene thought out and another scene that I don't want to mention here till people have had a chance to read what I wrote.

Hope you enjoy.

~Mike
https://www.booksie.com/571354-envy-the-dead

Done my challenge at last big_smile It's not very good, haha, but oh well. Thank you for the challenge smile
https://www.booksie.com/571860-let-me-tell-you

ShadowLight120 wrote:

Challenge me! I'm interested to see what I receive

I was hoping more people would jump in with challenge ideas sad

The Apocalypse begins, and the Four Horsemen ride out leading an army that will depopulate Earth. The old pagan deities of Earth do not consent, and side with humanity. They bring their old worshipers.

hullabaloo22 wrote:

Any chance of getting another one?

You don't sleep. Instead you die every day and 8 hours later you wake up in the body of a person who has 16 hours left to live. When they die, you shift to a new body of someone who has just fallen asleep.

The person whose body you are inhabiting today is aware of you. They consistently scream, plead, beg, or cajole you into actively trying to save their life.

Twist: That person is someone you know... but do you want them to live, or do you not care if they die?

CheyJade wrote:

I was hoping more people would jump in with challenge ideas sad

Sorry. I was inspired by one of the challenges given to someone else (I think to you actually *grin* The pathetic hero?) And I've been writing away offline. I'll try to pick up some slack so you're not having to come up with them all in the future.

~Mike
(But you're very good at it)

Oh, I wan't trying to gripe that I had to do all the work. I really don't mind doing it. I was just hoping to entice more house members into participating more smile

(Thanks, even though I steal most of my prompts from other sources!)