Topic: How do you gain Booksie readers?

Curious as to most successful methods to gain Booksie members as readers.
Thank you

Re: How do you gain Booksie readers?

First, write something that readers will enjoy. Then they might want to read more of your work. Second, read and comment on other people's work. Often, they will read your work in return. Other ideas include inviting other members to read your work, but they will probably want you to read theirs in return. Some post reading requests on this forum, but I would never do that myself.

Thank you Have posted a few short stories in the past three days. Have had close to a 1,000 read.
But most of the traffic seems to be coming from Social media and Google Search

James Strauss wrote:

Thank you Have posted a few short stories in the past three days. Have had close to a 1,000 read.
But most of the traffic seems to be coming from Social media and Google Search

Take it where you can get it...

I'd agree with Joe. Post your stories, read a few others and comment on anything you like. Make sure you reply to any comments, if only with a 'thank you'; it's surprising how often members don't do this and it does not give any encouragement for readers to bother in the future.
Other than that, just get yourself known. You've shown that you are willing to use the forum. You could also join a 'House' if that appeals.
It does take time. Wishing you the best of luck.

As an ex-CIA spook, you know the value of blackmail James and you probably have the skill and resources to gather it on anybody so to get readers put that skill to work.
Bribery is also an option.  A few bucks passed to some members will have them reading and commenting on your stuff in no time.

I have just read your profile, James. You are an experienced writer, so you have no need of constructive criticism, which is probably why you didn't respond when I commented on one of your stories. I wonder, then, why is it that you have come to Booksie for more readers. You are without doubt a good writer.