A young girl lies sweetly in bed
innocent thoughts swimming through her head
He stands outside the door
her grandfather whom she used to adore
she lay in her pretty silk gown
she never knew what was going to go down
the room was dark and eery
and the little girl was weary
he came in not making a sound
avoiding her clothes piled into a mound
he crawled in to her bed
and put his hand on her head
his hand moved and crawled over her hips
she wanted to scream but he shut her lips
the girl began to silently cry
she felt so violated she wanted to die
he groped around between her thighs
ignoring her sad muffled cries
he breathed down her neck
her innocence he did wreck
he was enjoying this penetration
he did it without hesitation
she moved around trying to break free
but he continued to touch stifling her plea
he tried to move closer to have her
she pushed and cried scared of his laughter
he left the room and shut the door
she curled up to weep not able to sleep anymore
she went on pretending she was well
and to her parents she would not tell
her innocence was taken
her heart was shaken
it was her who everybody blamed
and the little girl was so ashamed
what was she supposed to do
when she had no one to turn to?
It realy tears me apart to know those facts:
- Every 2.5 minutes someone is sexually assaulted in America
- one in three girls are sexually abused
- 38% of girls are sexually abused before the age of 18
- 16% of boys are sexually abused before the age of 18
- 89% of victims knew their abuser
- It is estimated that there are 60 million survivors of childhood sexual abuse in America today
- victims are increasingly likely to battle eating disorders, self- injury, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, and depression
- an abuser can be anyone: the sweet elderly old man next door, oryour 5th grade teacher
- children that are sexually abused experience shame, fear, and very low self -esteem
- nearly 70% of child sex offenders have between 1 and 9 victims
- at least 20% have 10 to 40 victims.
If you relate to the girl in my poem don't feel alone<3 remeber there is always hope,
and don't be ashamedor scared to talk about it with someone (IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT<3) i asure you there are many people out there to help you and to listen to you!
BE SILENT NO MORE...
Love - Mona <3
© Copyright 2017 angelmona. All rights reserved.
Paste the link to picture in the entry below:
Paste the link to Youtube video in the following entry:
Cannot annotate a non-flat selection. Make sure your selection starts and ends within the same node.
An annotation cannot contain another annotation.
There was an error uploading your file.