Psycho-somatic

Reads: 122  | Likes: 0  | Shelves: 0  | Comments: 0

More Details
Status: Finished  |  Genre: Romance  |  House: Booksie Classic
a short story or poem, about an imaginary illness

Submitted: June 11, 2015

A A A | A A A

Submitted: June 11, 2015

A A A

A A A


The doctor warned him he had a 30% chance to live, which meant 70% he would die, he liked those odds.

The doctor said he should be admitted to hospital straight away, he asked for his diagnosis, the doctor said there was nothing visible but that the arteries around his heart were contracting.

If it’s not visible it’s not real he thought, he could have diagnosed himself

The doctor warned him if he continued to smoke he would be at far greater risk

But he continued to smoke it hurt every time he inhaled

But it was also like glue

He knew what the diagnosis was

His heart was broken

He didn’t go to the hospital

He went home and laid in bed

The pain became excruciating

He closed his eyes

Welcoming the sweet relief of death

But it never came

He slept for many hours

And then the pain was gone

Sometimes it comes back

But only in his mind and memories

His heart has a shell now

It’s protected and will never be damaged again.

 


© Copyright 2017 BritinBcn. All rights reserved.

Add Your Comments:

More Romance Short Stories