Mary had a little lamb
Its fleece was white as snow
And everywhere that Mary went
The lamb was sure to go.
It followed her to school one day
Which was against the rules
It made the chidren laugh and play
To see a lamb at school.
1. Mary Jane Smith Jones
3. Whenever Mary got around to bathing Fluffy.
4. Mary rarely went anywhere, so this line refers to places like the outhouse, the barn, the creek, and the tavern, where her father normally could be found.
5. Mary rarely bathed either, so Fluffy found it easier to follow her odor.
6. Mary stopped going to school after the second grade to take care of her father.
7. Other farm animals were actually allowed in the school. Fluffy however was banned for eating the other children's lunches.
8. Mary had six classmates in the second grade. Four had animals following them.
© Copyright 2016 brucek. All rights reserved.