So here's the deal, I want you to write me a poem, short story, first few chapters of a novel, screen play, etc. based on one
of the songs below. Please note that the winners are based off of best writing overall not best of a certain song.
Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri:
Concrete Angel by Martina McBride:
Drops of Jupiter by Train:
Set Fire to the Rain by Adele:
If you can't get to the links please tell me in the comments section!!!
What You Will Be Judged On:
1. Creativity: How original your story is. Did you base it completely off the song, something I would expect, or did you add
an interesting twist to it? I want to be blown away! (10 'points'*)
2. Based Off the Song: This is the whole point of the contest. If you pick the song Concrete Angel I don't want to read about
a watermelon that commited suicide. (15 'points')
3. Grammar/Spelling: Yes, sometimes I don't have perfect grammar (I like to think I do though) and sometimes I spell things
wrong (understatement of the century) but we have a thing called spell check. So please use it. And please don't let your excuse be you wrote it right in the 'Booksie box', because I really don't
care. There's a spell check thing on here somewhere. (5 and 5 'points')
4. Writing Style: Are you good at writing and do you have a good 'style'? Simple as that. (10 'points')
5. Overall: How good the story was overall.
*The 'points' are overall out of 45 (feel free to correct my math). I'm not going to disclose to anyone how many 'points' you
got, this is for helping me judge. And if in the end one story gets more points than another but I think the other one should have one, the other one is going to win, not the one will more
'points'. If you disagree with this please comment below.
Please note that the winner awards are based off of best story over all not best of each song.
- I will advertize you on my page for 3 months
- I will make you 3 book/story covers
- The satisfaction of winning
- I will advertize you on my page for 2 months
- I will make you 2 book/story covers
- The satisfaction of coming second
- I will advertize you on my page for 1 month
- I will make you one book/story cover
- The satisfaction of coming third
If you have any questions or comments please comment below (in the comment section) or on my page. If you would like to join
please comment below with the name of the song you would like to base your story off of. When you are finished please contact me below or on my page saying what your writing is (poem/short
story/whatever) and what it is called.
All entries are due on the 22nd of June (this cannot be adjusted unless completely necissary by the judge because I go places
a lot :P) and please NO erotica.
Please join, I can't wait to see what you can do!
© Copyright 2016 Hinoglue. All rights reserved.