Moninder Singh Panedhar was just another quiet resident of Nithari village, a suburb of Noida not far from the Capital Delhi until December 29 when the remains of several children were discovered in a sewage drain in the Nithari township. Overnight he became famous, india's most prolific serial murderer.
Investigations lead to D5 house in Sector 5, from where after excavation skeletal remains of 20 children (17 were sent for post-mortem of which 11 were girls and the rest 6 boys) all aged below 20 years. Till date the confirmed killings has reached 21.
The most appalling, heinous part of this tragedy is that the Police had even refused to register a single missing person's case for every day of the two years since the killings began.
But considering on November when Ananth Gupta, son of Adobe India's CEO Naresh Gupta, was kidnapped in Noida( the very same area ) the entire state machinery kicked into action, and within five
days Ananth was back after reportedly Rs 50 lakh changed hands.
Over the past two years, at least 40 children have gone missing from the area, which is just a little distance away from Gupta's house, hardly any complaints have been filed, and this is not because the parents didn't try to do so.
The Uttar Pradesh government which so far had limited its action to suspending the erring police officers finally handed the case to the CBI. The surprises never end as when the CBI took over and all the victims had been tallied by the state police the CBI found more bodies in a close by drain. Another effort of cover-up?
"We cannot rule out an organ trade racket after going through the post mortem report as the torsos were not there," Binod Kumar, the chief medical officer of the government hospital of Noida, told IANS Thursday. But as late news broke, the missing torsos were found leading to a dead end. As of now both the suspects are in CBI custody and undergoing Narco- Analysis tests. His accomplice, Surendar Koli alias Satish ( who was a servant at the Singh household), suffers from Necrophilia is what the country's premier investigation agency the CBI says.
On January 19 the main accussed Moninder retracted his statement saying that he was unaware that 19 people were killed in his house, and that he just ran a callgirl racket.
Recently, in the CBI court it was a group of hundreds of lawyers who beat both the suspects black and blue while still in police custody in a full courtroom, dragging them both onto the streets. A few hapless policemen finally managed to slip out both the suspects into a waiting van.
But the question that still hangs in balance is ? How many more skeletons are yet to fall from Nithari. Another question still remains where the rest of the 18 children still reported missing.. and most importantly 2 years and never a single case of missing persons report? Welcome to India Ladies and Gentleman......
© Copyright 2016 prabhakar. All rights reserved.