Last Updated Mar 02, 2017
hey im alive
i hope everyone's having an excellent evening or early morning or maybe even afternoon, depending on when this is read by your eyes
yes, i've been gone for an absolutely INSANE amount of time and i'm not entirely sure when i'll be back again. i might take another four month break knowing me...
my life's been amazing, i won't lie. i've been surrounded by friends, waking up at 7 and getting home far past the time that school ends because of a number of things, whether it's a rehearsal for a production i'm working on or if i decide to go out.
i feel a little more like a teenager too, in that i'm more independent. i passed my permit test and i'll be driving by next year. i might work at a movie theater in the very near future. i have way too many plans for the summer and will spend most of my time down the shore. i'm doing well in school, i've looked into colleges, and i might have an opening for the university of pennsylvania to study to be a psychiatrist (uni. of penn. is ivy league!!!).
of course, teenagers also are a bit naughty and tend to experiment with both substances and people. ;)
overall, i'm extremely pleased with myself. i've gained a lot of confidence. somehow, i'm more extroverted than i've been in the past, and somehow, unbelievably, i love myself. it's crazy and it's such a foreign phrase, but i do. and that's really awesome.
posted a lil somethin to promote my return. have a gander if you like, but no pressure whatsoever. i haven't had time to write. intermittent is something i've worked on in the past and have really wanted to post. if you decide to read and enjoy it, pleeease let me know!!
and of course, if you just wanna talk and catch up, private message me.
i hope everyone still here remains here. i love you all.
Featured by author
Book / Romance
Poem / Editorial and Opinion
Short Story / Thrillers
I write short stories that I personally find interesting: stories that mess with your mind, that make you want to read as fast as possible, that sometimes might even creep you out. Heck, you might even be left speechless. Creativity plays a major role in my stories. Any ideas that I implement into them are from my own brain, completely ingenious and original unless stated otherwise. What I write is also very different and might not be for everyone, so if you're into romance and sappy vampire love stories then I suggest you go re-watch Twilight and leave my page. If you're into any of the following types of writing, stay as long as you wish. Genres include Literary Fiction (for tohse who wnat seotris taht mses wtih yuor biran), Fantasy (for those who like magic and imagination), Science Fiction (for those who like messing with things in the time-space continuum), and Horror (for those who wet the bed).
I also write poetry, usually poetry that rhymes or has a unique flow to it. Some simple verse, some more complex structures, but most are very pleasing to recite. Most of the poems I write are inspired by a piece of artwork or a song that I will usually include along with the poem. If you enjoy the art or the music, I always mention the name of the artist for you to look into if you feel so inclined. If I don't mention an artist, then the artist is unknown. I focus most of my poetry work in a fantasy world, sometimes based on real-world problems, always from a different perspective in each. I dabble in darker poetry but most, if not all of the poetry that I've posted has been positive and uplifting. I try my best to smile whenever I can and I hope that my poems might do the same for others!
If you do read anything of mine, please be sure to comment. Anything you have to say about my writing, good or bad, is useful to me! I also love interacting with you guys in any way I can.
...oh, and I'm a 15 year old 10th grader in high school. Welcome!
More personal facts about me, bulleted for your convenience:
- I love music. I spend every second I can listening to it and I'm grumpy when I'm not. My tastes mainly revolve around electronic music, but I also love indie alternative, orchestral and instrumental tracks. Anything relaxing is a plus in my book.
- I hate being around people with too much energy.
- I'm heavily introverted.
- I'm very open-minded.
- My spirit animal is the owl.
- My element is water.
- I'm a Scorpio.
- I'm lazy.
- I have a Wattpad account where I may post small bits and bobs of writing, some of which that won't be featured here. If you'd like to follow me, my username is @misanthropical.
- If I don't get my daily dose of sleep, I can get veeery pissy. A pissy H is not a good H.
- My favorite episode of television is an episode of Angel entitled "You're Welcome". Do yourself a favor and watch both Buffy and Angel, in that order.
- I'm a guy, just in case anybody was uncertain of my gender.
- I love to laugh and think it's the best medicine (yes I'm one of those types of people).
- I love scary stories and am always on the creepypasta wiki. Let me know what you like and I can direct you to some good ones! (horror is one of my favorite genres)
- I'll (hopefully) be going to college and majoring in psychology. I might minor in studio art, but I'm completely undecided. Any advice here would be useful!
- I find learning new things (as long as they're interesting and/or useful to me) to be one of the best things in the world aside from music. School is great, except for the homework, and the tests,and the teachers, and gym, and most of the students there, and sleep deprivation, and the useless things we learn... but otherwise it's great. I'm good at most of the skewlstuffs, so if you need help, let me know.
- I love ASMR videos. I have the worst insomnia sometimes and the videos help so much with that.
- I love YouTube and almost always find myself there. If you need suggestions, let me know.
- I love playing video games and watching people play them (NOT CALL OF DUTY). Some favorites, with the bolded ones being the best of the best: Life is Strange, Pony Island, Gone Home, Fantasy Life, any Pokemon game, Oxenfree, Dreamfall Chapters, Firewatch, The Binding of Isaac (original and rebirth), Antichamber, Beyond: Two Souls, The Walking Dead Game (both seasons - can't wait for the third), The Stanley Parable, The Wolf Among Us, Undertale, Ib, Until Dawn, The Last of Us, The Beginner's Guide, SOMA, Evoland, Tales from the Borderlands
- I love animals.
- "I'd rather have a life of 'oh wells' than a life of 'what ifs'." - Chloe Price
- I've always been good at drawing.
- I'm a big fan of anime and most of the Pokémon games, but those are secret hobbies. You're special for knowing about them. Let me know if you want to talk about either.
- I love to write!
Some pictures that could spark your creativity:
THE WRITER'S BLOCK:
These are my personal favorite Booksie writers and authors. Definitely check them out!
- Blue for poetry, red for stories, green for both! -
- berkleyrenefreund: this girl's got so much talent. She writes science fiction and she does a damn good job of doing so. Everything she writes is engrossing and brilliant - read her stuff!
- Jack Motley: humorous, clever, and incredibly witty. He writes short stories and dabbles in poetry. GO READ HIS STUFF NOW IT'S TOO AWESOME
- Wise Owl: DESPERATELY deserves more attention. Desperately. There's positivity in her writing that seeps from every word, seriously magical and fantasy-like. Her poetry just shines through and shows that she has a deeper meaning of the world and has experienced a lot. She's also a respectable mother of two. PLEASE go check her out.
- Whiskey Charlie: what can I say about him... well, this man's exceptional. He's cooperative with other writers, he's got some great stories to tell, he'll read something for any critique, and he definitely deserves some kindness. Do me a big favor and go give him some love. **Whiskey Charlie recently passed away. My condolences go out to his family and his spirit. He's left a legacy of writing on his page that all should go and read and cherish, as it is all incredible.
- D A Draven: for anybody who likes darkness. Deeply emotional and beautiful writing that even includes a specific method of conveying emotion using cue cards. Really unique.
- Mr Watson: his poetry is some of the best I've seen. He has a book out too! I consider him the next Dr. Seuss.
- Melancholic Wisdom: his name is multiple shades of blue because of how much color he uses in his works. It's all very magical and flowy and simple, yet complex. A loyal reader, too. Deserves more attention.
- Tom Oldman: a respectable man with an incredible talent for writing. He has novels and short stories, so take your pick because everything he's written is great.
- Jeff Bezaire: this guys great. He writes stories and poetry, but mainly poetry, and boy is it good. His work always has some deep meaning to pull out, so go read the poems and try to find them!
- Jonah Ryan: short stories that are packed with nerdy humor and insane imagination. Really great stuff. Actually, now that I think about it, this guys stories are some of the best I've read on this site. He deserves more readers.
- Ronin: short stories that are very well written and captivating. I thoroughly enjoy all of them, so you've got to check them out as soon as you can. Really nice guy.
- brucek: this guy needs a mention. Poetry with humor and just a great deal of delight.
- Akumakaze: this dude... this dude is writing one of my favorite Booksie novels called Insomnia. Go check it out; it's everything I've ever wanted in a fantasy novel.
- Adrian Hunt: can't get over his work. You'll read it, want to go to bed, but be tormented by thoughts of his stories and thus never get any shuteye. Seriously, though. When he doesn't post I get agita.
- Tangelo: a stunning poet who deserves all the tangelos in the world. By tangelos, I mean readers. Go give her some fruity, lightly juiced love!
- SuzonneH: such a lovely talent that hasn't been discovered as much as she should. She delves into the deepest, darkest, dreariest of souls and pours emotion and ferocity into her poetry and stories. Something special.
- Criss Sole: please, for all I'm worth, go to her page and read not only her profile but the many works she's posted. Her story is not only a story of sadness, but a story of inspiration for those who might be feeling lost and alone. Give her some love, and do me a favor in the process.
- MBKruger: Marc is brilliant. His writing will most definitely captive and enthrall you, with whatever you decide to read of his. He appeals to a wide audience. His life-based novel is what I'm enjoying most at the moment, as his life thus far has been incredibly diverse and incredible.
- Starsthatfellonrandumgirlatnite: Such an incredible woman and an absolutely stunning writer. She's touched on topics before that are so deep and controversial, yet she handles them with such care. Keke is an artist (in my eyes), and a talented one at that. She also steals flowers. :p
I'm going to recommend a new song (sometimes more than one) to listen to every Monday! If you do decide to listen, let me know your thoughts on the songs. I love geeking out about music with other people. I almost always suggest headphones, as it makes the experience for the listener so much better!
With the new feature, the song will now be over on the right, under what I suggest. I feel as though that was put there for my purpose with this.. :p
SONG(s) OF THE WEEK: Halsey - Is There Somewhere
If anyone would like to contact me in a more private way, please email me at email@example.com. I'll answer any questions or concerns you may have, or we can just talk about life.
WRITE WITH IMAGINATION!
If you want to write a quickee (a remark or a hint for example) on this writer's profile, please sign in.