- My name is Todd! Sometimes friends call me Dot. I like to try
and evoke thought. Not just any kind of thoughts, thoughts of
things that we'd rarely ever think about otherwise. My brain
doesn't always work the same as other people's. But, I think
that's actually for the best! If you can't quite understand what
I mean by something, make your own meaning and then tell me so I
can start reevaluating my own understanding.
- I'm 20 years old! I've never really done what I'm told. I'm a
bit of a rebel with an affinity for trouble!
- I write poems and heavily opinionated rants! When I'm home,
alone. I just can't help but hear the words drone on in my head
like a telephone with no operating tone.
- I really don't have any kind of consistent writing style. For
quite awhile, I've always just sat down and wrote whatever comes
to mind. There's no trial, no error. Some poems of mine you may
like, others you may despise. But either way, every little bit of
feedback will give me a big smile. :)
- I'm happy most of the time, and I show it!
- For some time I worked as a Digital Journalist, but I've been
on an extended hiatus. News articles just aren't very interesting
to do. Although I did quite enjoy having a press badge, it's like
an all access pass to everything en masse.
- I have a tattoo. It's a compass, even though I don't think
I've ever been lost. You need a destination to begin with in
order to question your current position.
- I'm one of those people that have been in almost every walk
of life once or twice. Or at least those that I've encountered so
far. I like trying everything, and typically I enjoy it all! Even
so, I've never really had any kind of ambition. Some people say
that my life needs more direction, but I'd say that indirection
is my salvation.
- Don't be concerned about the fact that I never show my eyes.
- (Note, I use my featured writings list as only a list of my
-five- most recent poems. I try to keep them up to date, but
other than that they are in no specific order.)
- (My poems will have the occasional (or frequent) grammatical
mistake in them.. and personally I think that's fine! I've never
paid too much attention to grammar - I like vocabulary.
Vocabulary is what we use to define our thoughts and everything
else in this world. And since the whole point of language is to
express our desire or our "point" then I can't help but think
that (past a certain degree) grammar is absolutely pointLESS.)
WHAT I ENJOY?
- I collect swords, and the like!
- Website design and programming / game programming. This is a
huge interest of mine. I've programmed several games and designed
several websites for contests and just for fun.
- Gaming! (Fantasy is the key to understanding reality.)
- I like music.. just, in general.
- Cigarettes. Smoking is bad, don't do it!
----- If you want to contact me, there it is! I'm always up for
a good bit of conversation, or even if you just have some
I don't personally plan to do anything related to writing
professionally or as any kind of career, besides maybe
journalism. But I absolutely love the idea of ambitious people
and independent writers using websites like these to try and
become authors and whatever else may be their dream. So if I see
anyone with talent, and I have your permission, I'm likely to put
your name on my profile! I may not be very popular, but every bit
helps. Think of it as my way of making up for taking up space on
this wonderful site when the only thing I use it for is a hobby.
Speaking of which, if you're the artsy type. Go check out this
profile on Deviant Art! She is a great friend of mine, and an
absolutely amazing artist. She's trying to support herself with
her art, so go show some of your support! And if you want, tell
her Dot sent you. She'll probably freak out, in a good way!