Pamela Lee Profile

Bronze Writer BadgeBronze Writer BadgeBronze Writer Badge


Pamela Lee

Location: Brantford, Canada

Member Since: September 2015

Open for read requests: Yes

Subscribe to Pamela Lee's portfolio via RSS

Featured by author

Profile Information

Widow, mother, grandmother, sister, friend, survivor. A student of life-learning of new miracles every day! Currently, Pamela is at work bringing the Holy Snalppin' Series to the world.  My philosophy??

"You must be 95% true to yourself. The other 5%, you must be 95% true to yourself.” On the bio side of things... "It’s all in the book" pretty well covers it for the Holy snappin' series is based on my true life story..

 October 1st, 2006 I started an intended small family chronicle after a post chemotherapy/double mastectomy heart attack. Four years later (October 19, 2010) I came up for air and had a 1,000,000 word manuscript on my hands. It was HUGE-too gigantic for one book, so had to hack it into three, maybe four. I am not there yet to know how many will eventually be in the series. SIGH—MORE work and I was tapped out after 4 years of furious writing… However— Book 1 of the Trilogy was/is technically WRONG with oversize chapters and, just generally, an unconventional novel. I was too tired to worry about it and went with it as is. Book 2, Jwalking, will be better-technically. However—EVERYBODY who is engaged and reads Book 1, Call me J to the last page loves it. EVERY review is breathlessly-ecstatic. A few are featured here on the site. Go check’em out!!! HOW BLESSED I FEEL!  The lady behind the pen? I don’t know—what shall I say?

I am a changed woman from my working days when I was a driven, tenacious, internationally known entrepreneur and trainer of sales consultants, seller of fabulous innovative products and lines for over 40 years. I have even been called empire builder! Wow! Oh—I also dabbled in stage production, direction, choreography. THAT was FUN! Retired in 2006-to write.

My last WORKING position was Eastern Canadian Regional Director for a company out of Montreal. Along with a couple hundred of my peers (whom I greatly respect for having the GUTS and determination to sell sex stuff!), we sold lingerie and everything to enhance your love life. Yep. I sold—THEM! And was honoured to do so! Now—I am just a writer.  I am a proud mother of three, grandmother of three. A single widow..and a fresh new soul as a Gypsy lady travelling between Halifax and Ontario where I have beloveds in both areas. I have INTENT to live a long, happy life surrounded by riches—those riches being friends and family—Maybe a dog. A scottie.

I consider myself blessed as a survivor and warrior—allowed to stay on this earth to spread my message of hope, faith and love—through my work.

Also…and finally— **On–what inspired me to write the trilogy…

“”””””The short answer is—The prospect of dying without telling my story…my mother’s story..

It was all an accident, you see!!!!  I was only to write a 20-30 page chronicle. I had no idea I would be writing a 50 year saga over the solid four years it took me–From October 1st, 2006 to October 19th, 2010.  Before launching into the journal (and eventually realizing-“HEY..I’M writing a BOOK HERE!!! (Which eventually turned into a Trilogy), I had never written anything past letters to the editor. However…I had a way with words, with imagery and the small details… So, after a heart attack in the spring of 2006, when my own mortality hit me in the face at 58 years old, I was DETERMINED to honour my family and all the ”characters” in my life by writing it down before I had another one. Maybe a fatal one as my father had suffered in 1987.

I set out to write a small journal on my family’s history having no idea I had a book in my soul…and the ability, tenacity, passion and patience to write one…

Onwards! –Pamela

Quickees

This is where you can leave a short message for the writer. All Quickees are public. To leave a private message, use the private messaging system.

If you want to write a quickee (a remark or a hint for example) on this writer's profile, please sign in.

Booksie 2019 Short Story Contest
Flash Fiction Summer 2019 Writing Contest

Pamela Lee is a member of: